Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by macman24054 Quote
I stand corrected. The KS1 can only do wireless sync with 2 external Pentax 360 or 540 units. Sorry for the confussion.
No worries, but I started to doubt myself! Glad I'm not confused.

On this topic, many of us think the af201fgz should have included the wireless controller/master due to the KS1/2 and K3ii.

09-17-2015, 12:09 AM   #47

I have the K-50

I don't have the K-3, so I can't compare, but I do have the K-50 and it feels like a part of my hand. The ergonomics are top-notch, and for the price they're selling for now, I think it's a great bargain. With the money you save on the K-50 vs. the K-3, you can get the 50mm 1.8 lens for less than $130. It's sharp, light and fast. Between the two, you have super value for the money.
11-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by psyddharth Quote
Unfortunately, I got to know that, if buy from the US, the warranty will not be honoured in India.
Although I can get it repaired from the service center in India (for additional cost)
TL;DR: If they haven't changed their policy, they will provide you an international warranty, and it is free.
--------------------

I bought 2 Pentax cameras from the US way back in 2010. They do provide international warranty, and it is free of cost. I just had to email them scanned invoices, and the serial numbers on the body and kit lenses. The international warranty cards were mailed to me at my home.

Although, I never had to use the warranty because my cameras worked without issues for next 4 years, so I cannot tell you my experience with the service center.

The only catch is, that they have just ONE authorized service center in India which is in Mumbai. I'm also not sure of their operating procedures vis-à-vis shipping, spare parts cost etc.

I am seeing some back focus issues with my k-x of late (see my other thread) and may contact the service center for details. Will post if I get more information.
11-25-2015, 06:09 AM   #49

Photos: Albums
I am from India also, i own K-500, a cheaper version of K50. i own it for nearly a year and sometimes want to upgrate to K-3. However, even k-50 is good enough. the money you save can be invested in lenses. I suggest pick up a legacy manual prime lens while you are in US. M 50 mm 1.7 as your main prime while you are learning would be good. It is difficult to get it in India. 18-135 lens looks very good on paper, i have not used it yet.

11-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a k50 and k3. Unless you need some of the k3 features or plan to crop a lot the k50 is quite good and takes great photos. I use both regularly without feeling like I am losing out when using the k50.

The k3 is better. It focuses better in low light, it has higher quality images if you pixel peep, it has longer battery life, the top LCD can be helpful, dual sd card slots are nice, etc.

The 18-135 is a nice lens to have. Many people complain about loss of border sharpness at the long focal lengths but this is not that noticeable in practical use. The 16-85 is preferred by many but I can't compare them.