Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

No EXIF data on the images?

Hi guys,

i got my K-3 couple of days ago, i've set it up right away the copyright info (both photographer and holder) and i've checked the marker on the "Embed Copyright Data". I was shooting an event yesterday, and i've noticed that theres no info on the pictures. Now i've updated the firmware (from 1.11 to 1.21) and yet, there's no info on the file... what am i missing?

10-12-2015, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the exif and copyright data are all stored inside the dng file. But explorer cannot read that, it doesn't know how (just like it didn't know how for jpeg some years ago). But don't worry - you won't be sharing the dng or pef files anyway. Those are just raw data. You keep those on your computer and as backups. Once you post process that file in raw editing software, you will export the photo as an image file (usually jpg). And that one should contain all the right info, which will be visible as usual. Note that most of these programs allow you to prevent exif data from being entered into the jpeg. There is usually an option somewhere during exporting.
Also, programs like Lightroom or Silky Pix should be able to read and display all of the exif and other info from the raw dng file.

Last edited by Na Horuk; 10-12-2015 at 11:50 AM.
10-12-2015, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GixxerMKD Quote
Hi guys,

i got my K-3 couple of days ago, i've set it up right away the copyright info (both photographer and holder) and i've checked the marker on the "Embed Copyright Data". I was shooting an event yesterday, and i've noticed that theres no info on the pictures. Now i've updated the firmware (from 1.11 to 1.21) and yet, there's no info on the file... what am i missing?
Once you develop it into a JPEG, all the metadata should be visible in windows.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the info guys