Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

wifi card for the k3

hello all

I just pulled the trigger on a k3 and Im searching for some insight about wifi sd cards. I know pentax has the FluCard but Its a little too expensive and im looking for some other alternatives. I only want it to transfer pictures to my iphone and ipad.

I know there are the eyefi cards but from what I read they transfer all pictures taken to the device and I dont need that

I want to be able just to select pictures I want to trasnfer.

is anyone here using the toshiba FlashAir in their K3?

or perhaps the Transend?

thank you

11-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #2

I'm using the transcend 16 GB Wi-Fi on my K-5. It works quite well, but images transfer is quite slow (raw especially). It's cheaper than the flucard, but you don't get much more than file transfer, and given that you can find flucards for only 40€ more I would buy a flu card.

Yours,

Ralf
11-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The *pro* version of EyeFi lets you selectively transfer pictures. I bought it (32GB) for $99 about 4 months ago, but they are now selling for $80. The 16GB version is now $60. They work great, transfer RAW files too along with JPEG if you wish.

32GB: Eyefi 32GB Mobi Pro SDHC Wi-Fi Memory Card (Class 10) MOBIPRO-32

16GB: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1183006-REG/eyefi_mobipro_16_mobi_pro_16gb_wifi.html/prm/alsVwDtl
11-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the eyefi pro and it seems to work well. I write Web sized jpg files to it for backups of my raw files. It takes a little getting used to the selective file transfer but small jpg seem to transfer fast enough. It works better on my wife's iPhone then my BlackBerry (android app from Amazon store) but works well enough for mu limited purposes.
Good luck with your choice

Randy