Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have a lot info, but can't share But as i've said many times; future is bright
Messer Kenspo,
I'm aware about the non-disclosure clause but at least could you tell us when you are suppose to get the future in your bare hands ?
or is it also under strict control or eventually you don't know it yet ?

01-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #152
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I'd still like to see an APS-C pro camera that can shoot noise free at ISO 6400. Man I would love to have one if it comes out. Maybe even two.
I find the high ISO noise from my K-50 good up to ISO 6400 & acceptable at ISO 12800. I process ISO 800 to ISO 12800 RAW files that I like to recover the fine details, though. I do get rid of the color noise as much as possible, but I leave the grain noise alone 'cause that is what adds character to the pictures!

However, the OOC jpegs leave much to be desired starting at ISO 1600 & beyond.

But yeah! Any improvements in APS-C image quality is more than welcome, especially in the area of noise.
01-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
pure fake.very bad poor english(in 3 words... ). still makes me smile...
(Not that my english would be perfect. But i don't write texts for ads....And if an advert is real, most of the time, they use correct "Oxford English" and not alienated grammatically non-correct english (admittedly maybe a new art form to write that bad in 3 words.)
01-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does it come with a pop-up flash ?

01-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #155
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Does it come with a pop-up flash ?

I'm thinking a flash that clips onto the left side of the camera. Think Ricoh XR M. I have two XR M's and they work pretty good.

10-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #156
Veteran Member

Hello Everyone,
Any visibility on K3 iii's delivery ?
Lack of built in flash keeps me away from K3 ii and K3 platform becomes old for a 5/6 year investment.
10-17-2016, 06:18 AM   #157
Pentaxian

There is no guarantee it will have a obf, or that it will be called the k-3 III. It will appear sometime next year (maybe in the spring but probably later).

10-17-2016, 06:29 AM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Hello Everyone,
Lack of built in flash keeps me away from K3 ii and K3 platform becomes old for a 5/6 year investment.
Buy a clip on flash. The k3 has a built in flash too.
10-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #159
Pentaxian

Hello Everyone,
The first date for an image with my pre-ordered K-3 is Nov. 14-2013. So the K-3 is only 3 years old, not 5/6, and it still works great. In many ways i prefer it to my K-1. And it has a built in flash.

The K-70 might be what you're looking for, flash, pixel shift, 24 MP, great noise reduction...
10-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The first date for an image with my pre-ordered K-3 is Nov. 14-2013. So the K-3 is only 3 years old, not 5/6, and it still works great. In many ways i prefer it to my K-1. And it has a built in flash.

The K-70 might be what you're looking for, flash, pixel shift, 24 MP, great noise reduction...
I meant buying within next few months to keep this new body at least 5 or 6 years would mean that if I pick a K3 it would be 9 years old at the end of this tenure.

K70 is a very good mix indeed, but only fear I have is AF related which is one step below K3 and 2 below K1. I have high expectations in that regard.
K3 III (or whatever name it would be) will probably enjoy K1's AF with additional new features. That s why I am wondering when this one should be announced
10-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #161
Pentaxian

I meant buying within next few months to keep this new body at least 5 or 6 years would mean that if I pick a K3 it would be 9 years old at the end of this tenure.

K70 is a very good mix indeed, but only fear I have is AF related which is one step below K3 and 2 below K1. I have high expectations in that regard.
K3 III (or whatever name it would be) will probably enjoy K1's AF with additional new features. That s why I am wondering when this one should be announced
Unlike many posters, many of whom don't even own a K-3, my opinion is that the K-3 AF is not that far behind the K-1. Over the last week, I've worked extensively with both, and I don't see a lot of difference. Given choice, I'd take the K-3 with it's superior burst rate and bigger buffer, I'm just lucky I have both.

But I understand your conundrum. You want a specific feature set, which isn't currently offered and you hope the next model will be exactly what you want. I wish I could give you a couple of days with my K-3. There will be new models for sure, but my K-3 will do what it does now, five years from now, and I like what it does now.
10-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #162
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Unlike many posters, many of whom don't even own a K-3, my opinion is that the K-3 AF is not that far behind the K-1. Over the last week, I've worked extensively with both, and I don't see a lot of difference. Given choice, I'd take the K-3 with it's superior burst rate and bigger buffer, I'm just lucky I have both.
I think they are much alike.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=Pentax+K-3&c2...&c3=Pentax+K-1

The af-module of K-3, K-3ii and K-1 are very much the same. I think the difference is mostly due to firmware and processing power. The 6 extra af-points maybe are present in the K-3, just not usable or selectable. The PRIME IV does make the K-1 a little faster.

All three camera's are very good in their own way's. With a small flash added the K-3ii can do all that the K-3 can do with the gps-module in the hotshoe.
10-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #163
Veteran Member

I'd chip in that so far it doesn't look like Ricoh will bring the KAF4 mount to the K3, meaning all future lenses they release that make use of this (which will probably be all, or most of the new lenses) are incompatible with the K3.

Doesn't make much sense to buy a new camera that you cannot buy any newly released lenses for ...
10-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #164
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I'd chip in that so far it doesn't look like Ricoh will bring the KAF4 mount to the K3, meaning all future lenses they release that make use of this (which will probably be all, or most of the new lenses) are incompatible with the K3.

Doesn't make much sense to buy a new camera that you cannot buy any newly released lenses for ...
Oeps I forgot about KAF4. You are very right about that point.
10-17-2016, 09:07 AM   #165
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
... so far it doesn't look like Ricoh will bring the KAF4 mount to the K3...
How would you possibly know that?