Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 07:38 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
K-3 is aps-c k-1 is FF so not really any connection pricewise. Once the k-1 is actually released you might see some deals on used k-3s. But i doubt there will be any impact on new prices. If a replacement for the k'3 is released you might then see some clearance on the k-3. That is not likely before fall.
And honestly the k-3 is a great deal at current prices anyway.
Thanks jatrax for replying!

I never thought of the K-3 as not being a competitor to the FF K-1 so your logic makes perfect sense. So I'm gonna keep monitoring prices and stock and then pull the trigger.
Take care,
Newfie

02-09-2016, 05:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Newfie Quote
So I'm gonna keep monitoring prices and stock and then pull the trigger.
Best of luck with finding a good price! I bought my K-5 from Newfoundland Camera in St John's a few years back; they don't seem to have any K3's in stock on their website right now, but give them a call and see if they can get one in and do you a good deal.
02-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #18
rfg

QuoteOriginally posted by Newfie Quote
...until I discovered Pentax and the K-3. So I'm trying to get the best deal on the K-3 kit with the 18-135. There are a lot of bargains to be found, here in Canada, on Pentax cameras etc., but not much that I can see on the K-3 kit. It's standing strong at about CDN$1150. I thought that Pentax might give dealers more incentives to clear out the K-3 with the introduction of the K-1, but reading this thread, it looks like corporate Pentax might not feel the need for such incentives for remaining K-3 stock.
The 18-135 is not a "give away" kit lens, it sells for $450 US on its own, so I'd expect this kit to not get too much cheaper. I think CDN$1150 for that kit is pretty good already - B&H have it for $US990 which is significantly more.