Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I installed dcrawps on my Mac. You can find the instructions for doing so here: vk.photo.blog: DCRAW 9.21 for OS X Mavericks: compiling the program

BTW, I already have dcraw non-PS installed via MacPorts, so I'm not sure if there are dependencies, libraries, etc that need to be installed first for complete usage. I installed it as dcrawps.

03-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
It's not really that tough. I just typed about four words, dropped a file on Terminal, and it spat out the photo above. And the included (but crapware) DCU produces very nice images from pixel shift, as does Lr/Ps via Adobe's RAW converter. And so does the camera: it can spit out a very nice JPEG.

All of this discussion is a about doing post on images with MOVEMENT, which is NOT something that should be in your pixel shift images. We're trying to find ways to mess with that.
LOL... I have been using Photoshop since before the "CS" designation. I have a degree in software design, and NONE of this makes sense. I'm sure some of it is since I have NO clue what dcrawps even is.

I also can't find a single mention in ANY adobe publication about being able to extract the 4 pixel shift images and import them as layers in Photoshop so I can do my masking there.
03-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
LOL... I have been using Photoshop since before the "CS" designation. I have a degree in software design, and NONE of this makes sense. I'm sure some of it is since I have NO clue what dcrawps even is.

I also can't find a single mention in ANY adobe publication about being able to extract the 4 pixel shift images and import them as layers in Photoshop so I can do my masking there.
AFAIK, dcrawps is a fork of dcraw (a raw processing software, I believe it's command line) specifically for ps - pixel shift images (Pentax).
03-31-2016, 07:41 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Decoding raw digital photos in Linux

And the links to the PS examples, etc are above in other posts. A fork means essentially a variant; a member here added commands to dcraw to process PS images and/or separate them. As you see in the many examples here, but you do have to go back a page or two.