Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
Forum Member

Limited edition Pentax K-3 II announced to commemorate 80 years of Ricoh

Limited edition Pentax K-3 II announced to commemorate 80 years of Ricoh: Digital Photography Review

02-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shouldn't they release a Ricoh camera to celebrate 80 years of Ricoh? Is GM going to release a Cadillac to celebrate 80 years of Chevy? I wish they'd consult with me before they made these decisions, is it going to have Ricoh on the back at least?
02-22-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

It says Ricoh on the bottom does it not?
02-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #4
a5m
Veteran Member

Already being discussed here:

Silver Edition K-3II

02-22-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It says Ricoh on the bottom does it not?
Where? in the small print?

I've never seen the bottom of a K-3II.

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
Already being discussed here:

Silver Edition K-3II
Ya, but we are want to do it here. We should have choice.

There are important issues in this thread not addressed in the other one.

If those guys want that one to be the only thread, they really need to pick up their game.
02-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
a5m
Veteran Member

But that thread has pictures!

Okay fine...whether it says RICOH or not is equally important
02-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Shouldn't they release a Ricoh camera to celebrate 80 years of Ricoh? Is GM going to release a Cadillac to celebrate 80 years of Chevy? I wish they'd consult with me before they made these decisions, is it going to have Ricoh on the back at least?
They did, a few days ago

Ricoh GR II Silver Edition Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
But that thread has pictures!

Okay fine...whether it says RICOH or not is equally important
Picture are important too.

Unfortunately, they don't show the bottom.

How can it be an 80 years of Ricoh, if you can't see Ricoh on it without turning it upside down... I'm telling you, there's something creepy about this.

Some old geezer over at Ricoh has lost his marbles.
02-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Where? in the small print?

I've never seen the bottom of a K-3II.
Doesn't it have a plate on the bottom with all the trade-marks and other mandatory certifications along with the manufacturer?

Here's the K-S2, note it says Ricoh Imaging Company, LTD
02-22-2016, 08:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian

If you were around for the start of the "why I won't buy a K-3 thread," you'll understand why this is important..

QuoteQuote:
I have been waiting for the announcement of the k3 for some time.Now that the camera is out and seeing the pics and seeing "ricoh on the back of the screen turns me off.Only a matter of time before we see Ricoh on the front of the camera.I think ricoh just shot themselves in the foot.My reasoning behind this is I make a living in photography.I shoot lots of weddings and ]It seems more people ask on what camera I'am using.I have had quite a few people turn me down because I shoot with pentax.They just know canon and nikon.I l was turned down on other major sporting events because I shoot with Pentax.This all happened a few years back and I will admit that some people are starting to recognize that pentax can keep up with the big guys.If Ricoh puts their name in front of the camera I feel it will throw them back to the dark ages..I'am quite happy with my k5s and all my pentax glass and will continue to shoot pentax,but hesitating to by new equiptment because of this matter.I do also own nikon and canon slr's but I'am a pentaxian and as long as it says Pentax on the front of the camera I'am happy.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...#ixzz40xSD3QEr
02-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go on you lot, get outside and take some photos and stop wasting precious electrons!
02-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Interesting. A very low price, for a very low production run. Much lower price than the initial price of K-3II black, and way lower than the others Limited silver K made in recent years. A change in Pentax marketing philosophy?
02-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
A change in Pentax marketing philosophy?
Maybe Ricoh is passing on the success (profits) from the stellar sales of the 645z. Perhaps we will see further benefits should the K-1 repeat the successes.