Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I think my best solution is to take it into a local store and have it calibrated. I tried the micro adjustment and nothing seems to be consistent. Looking back, I'm not sure how many of my pictures were actually really in focus from where I wanted it to be. I can't imagine that I move that much along the Z axis to cause this, otherwise, I would need to have a tri-pod with me at all times which doesn't seem feasible. Hopefully the calibration goes well. It also seems so odd that putting the center focus point on the subjects eye would cause something like the shirt to be in focus. Maybe I am just too close to the subject which can lead to a higher chance of off focus. Might need to look into the 77mm that pentax offers to get closer. Again, thanks for all the help.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, dslr, focus, focus issues, k-3, k-x, k3, lens, pentax, pentax k-3, settings, shot, spot, subject