Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #1

Viewfinder display

What's the difference between the solid red square and the square box outline that I see in the viewfinder? I am on selective AF-S but sometimes I get the solid square showing and sometimes I get the outlined box. Why?

05-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by allexinwonderland Quote
What's the difference between the solid red square and the square box outline that I see in the viewfinder? I am on selective AF-S but sometimes I get the solid square showing and sometimes I get the outlined box. Why?
All of the 25 central AF points should look roughly the same on the K-3. The two outermost points look a little different, however. They are lines instead of squares to represent the fact that they're line-type AF points, rather than cross-type.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by allexinwonderland Quote
I have wondered the same thing. The truth is out there somewhere...

Steve
05-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
Viewfinder display

I had never noticed the lines before Adam's reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering!

Also, I mentioned the focus mode I'm using now but I only started using that recently but I've always had the box/square outline deal.