Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
05-10-2016, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are all questions that really should be looked at in context of the situation. If a photographer has little more than a second to compose and take a shot, there's no way he or she is going to adjust all kinds of parameters on the camera. Conversely, if you have a couple minutes then you might look at setting up the shot much differently.

The better question, IMHO, is what order of priority should the photographer place on the various camera settings that can be controlled? If you have no time, you might be able to control only one parameter. If you have more time, you might control three, etc.

05-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was given to understand we should use P Mode because 'P' stands for Professional.

* close irony tag
05-16-2016, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter

I think everyone has their own methods, and none of them are wrong. It just depends what works for you.

For me, I pre-program U1, U2 and U3 to set up for the conditions I expect. If conditions change from what I expect, I usually switch to TAv mode with auto-ISO. I then watch ISO when I'm shooting and adjust T and A to where I want it. I would be willing under very unusual condition to switch to the green dot with auto everything if it means getting a shot, but so far with the K-3ii I've never had to do that (but I did with my GH4 and Fuji gear).)

So I really don't think anything is fundamentally right or wrong... just do you get the picture you want or not. Just my 2 cents....

John