Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

K3 Stores images in both DNG and JPG in Av mode

I usually shoot in TAv mode, RAW+ and have images stored sequentially in slot 1 then slot 2. I don't have the camera set up to store both DNG and JPG formats. Today I was playing around with Av mode and discovered that both RAW and JPG files were being stored on the card. I only found this out when I imported images to Photos on my Mac computer and saw that the jpg files were imported. After verifying that the file format was set to RAW+ and storage was set to sequential slot 1, then 2. I tried some more shots and once again both file formats were being stored. When I switch back to TAv mode, only RAW+ files are stored, like I expect. So this only seems to be happening in Av mode.

Anyone else experience this weird situation?

08-06-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by resthor Quote
I usually shoot in TAv mode, RAW+ and have images stored sequentially in slot 1 then slot 2. I don't have the camera set up to store both DNG and JPG formats.
You just said that you did Put the camera in RAW (not RAW+) and only the DNG file will be stored. RAW+ means DNG+JPEG regardless of which card(s) the files are being saved on.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #3

Original Poster
RAW+ on K3

Thanks Adam! I feel kind of dumb now but I'm glad that got cleared up and it makes total sense. I don't know what I thought RAW+ meant but it seems obvious now. Duh!