Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
This problem was resolved in that software ACR was doing what it can but doesn't handle motion and any attempt to make it handle motion is of no use. We have to stick with PDCU until something else comes along.
RONC
I think this is pretty much what I and others have been saying all along. The most recent update to ACR did in fact correct some of the color issues I was having. However motion correction in PSR is not supported. As a side note the PDCU update released on 08/10/16 also corrected a lot issues, plus there is now a PSR icon on the menu bar of the "Develop" screen that allows you to turn Motion Control off/on.

In short, I believe that in certain situations PSR can be used to enhance photos in certain situations where the movement is "controlled" and the blur is an artistic element of the composition, but to develop the RAW file properly you need to first open in PDCU save as a TIFF then edit from there, in whatever 3rd party software you choose.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
acr, adobe, dng, dslr, exposures, file, ii pixel shift, image, k-3, k3, k3 ii pixel, lr, mb, pentax k-3, pixel, pixel shift landscape, pm, ps, psr, shift, shot, size, snip