Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the importance of timing

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

The spare DI-90 and usb charger arrived Yesterday, so the battery is ready to get busy with its imminent K-3ii body. I really like these new micro-USB chargers, they will charge with cords I always have in car & home (even solar panel - maybe? tests coming) just like phone and tablet. Quite handy, and a nice price too at us$14.

We were away yesterday when the K-3ii visited with a delivery person, a day early! I guess it was just checking the homestead out with no pressure to stay. Today it comes for another visit - but maybe it will decide to stay. The 20-40 arrives today as well, so the race is on Hurry please, I will be leaving soon!

Guess I should seek a memory card (or two!), and hope to see trucks in the next 90 minutes.. otherwise it's a weekend of disappointment staring back at me. Perhaps I can have it held locally until they close around 6PM, better make a phone inquiry..

08-26-2016, 08:22 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Good timing strikes again - we were on our way to our appointment when the FedEx truck was coming up the hill to us. Thankfully he recognized us and stopped. And when we came home the lens was waiting for us. What a fine-looking pair.. until I take them out and put some miles on them

08-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've never realized that the K-3II silver edition really looks good. It reminds me of my old Nikon F2 and Canon AE-1. Maybe next time I'll get silver editions.
08-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I had thought about it for the K-5, and when I realized they made just 500 for the K-3ii my Christmas timetable was shifted..