Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2017, 05:31 AM   #1

Has anyone bought a used like new K-3 II from Amazon?

I saw that Amazon has K3ii's from their fulfillment warehouse as "Used like new", no cosmetic damage and tested. They are about $120 less than a new one and come with original packaging.
Has anyone had any experience with purchasing from Amazon this way? There are lots of other sellers thru Amazon with even lower prices.

04-02-2017, 05:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've bought three lenses from the Amazon used listings and all three hav e actually been better than described. I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy used gear from Amazon themselves. Even many of the 3rd party sellers are quite honest and reliable.

BUT....
Watch the new sellers who come in with low-ball prices and a "contact us before ordering". I wouldn't touch a single one of those. It's so obviously scammy I'm disappointed that Amazon even allows them. I've sent a few emails to asking about some of those listings and never yet have rec'd a reply back from anyone with Amazon. IMHO it makes them (unfairly?) look like they're dancing around honesty when they allow very questionable 3rd parties offer product we know is not available at that price. That needs to be fixed.

But buy away from Amazon themselves. They're good and stand behind the sale.

Note too the both B&H and Adorama have used gear for sale, and with the two used purchase from BH I've done the product was decribed very accurately, if anything better than expected. They stand behind their used sales.
04-02-2017, 05:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's fulfilled by Amazon, this is a good sign - it means they stand behind their product and you have a reliable, reputable organisation (which CARES about its reputation) to take any complaints to. I've bought DA lenses this way and had no issue with them.

I would not be as happy to trust third-party sellers with gear like this. I have been lucky on e-bay in that most of the camera gear I have bought there was either (a) strictly mechanical (e.g. lenses), (b) not available anywhere else and/or so cheap it was worth the risk, or (c) on the one occasion it was grossly defective, the seller dealt with the issue in a satisfactory manner immediately I contacted him.
04-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

New or warehouse deals? Amazon Warehouse is quite variable in quality for previously opened and returned goods. Otherwise no hesitation.

04-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have purchased a lot from Amazon Canada & USA mostly general merchandise very little camera gear and never had a problem. Have had no experience with return policy with Amazon.
Have bought a lot of merchandise on ebay both new & used and with their return or refund policy I have never been burned. All photography gear has been as advertised so far and the price has been so low as Pathdoc says that I'm willing to take a chance.
I have had 6 refund requests in the last 4 months from China all honored. There is something going on with their shipping system in Mainland China right now so I am staying away from purchases there for a while. The disappointment of not receiving something that I ordered is a pain but I do get my money back.
I have also purchased from Goodwill USA infrequently and not been burned and usually the price is so low I don't worry about what I get shipped. I'm surprised that their description is fair when I don't believe most of their employee wouldn't be Photography experts.
04-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #6
Unregistered User

I've had good luck with Amazon Warehouse- I bought a Q-S1+02 zoom in 2015 for $248 and it was as new. You have to watch prices on Amazon Warehouse carefully however—they go up and down with no apparent logic.

I've had poor results with Amazon for books, about 1/3 of my orders have been much worse than stated.
04-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #7
Pentaxian

The return policy quote below is what is listed on their site.

"What can I return?
You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. During the holidays, items shipped by Amazon between November 1st and December 31st can be returned until January 31st."

04-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon
For used stuff or new sold/fulfilled by other than Amazon, you are bound by the seller's policies.

Steve
04-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #9

I decided to take a chance on a SMC 15mm ltd from Amazon Warehouse Deals a few weeks ago. The listed condition was a measly "good", which Amazon describes as follows: "If an item has large cosmetic damage or blemishes and/or missing accessories, we will assign the condition of 'good.' It's possible the packaging has been replaced to better protect the item."

I'm happy to report that the lens is very close to mint. Its only "blemish" as far as I can see is that someone has replaced the screw-on lens cap with a snap-on one –– hence the missing accessories!

If ever the purchase doesn't work out, all of my returns with Amazon have always been quick and painless (including a HD 15mm ltd lens, in the characteristically unsealed Ricoh packaging). As far as I know the same generous policy governs Warehouse Deals...