Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2017, 09:06 PM   #1

Body Cap Cover For Pentax SLR Cameras

Is there a good quality, screw on, won't fall off, Body Cap Cover For Pentax SLR Cameras. I'd like to have my K-3ii in a case without the lens attached.
Thanks, BLB511

04-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Body caps for the K-3ii are bayonet type not screw on and they can be found on Ebay for little cost. I have bought them in pairs in the past along with the rear lens cap.
04-06-2017, 09:42 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blb511 Quote
Is there a good quality, screw on, won't fall off, Body Cap Cover For Pentax SLR Cameras. I'd like to have my K-3ii in a case without the lens attached.
Thanks, BLB511
Have a look for the body cap that comes with the K-1. It locks onto the body and needs the lens release button to remove it. I can't see it at B&H, though they do list a 'Pentax KII' body cap as not yet available.

body caps pentax | B&H Photo Video

An alternative is to look for the front cover of a K mount teleconverter as these will have a locking or screw on cover that can act as a body cap.

Tas
04-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #4

Your only alternative if you really prefer to use a screw mount body cap would be to pair a K mount to m42 adapter with an m42 body cap.Both B&H and Adorama (and probably Amazon) still sell the m42 body caps cheaply (sub $5) ,Adapters can run from $10 (Fotodiox) all the way up to $90 (genuine pentax). So you could get it done for under $20. The Fotodiox would be more than sufficient to just hold a body cap in storage.

04-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KEH usually carries lots of the bayonet caps.

However, I'd recommend the push-on caps as they don't put any wear on your mount contacts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-07-2017, 04:19 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Here is my recent purchase-
Movo Photo Lens Mount Cap and Body Cap for Pentax DSLR Camera

I also purchased this-
Matin Digital SLR Compact Camera Body Case

On a recent trip I couldn't take a dedicated camera bag and my K-3 and lens couldn't fit in my pack when joined, let alone with some kind of additional protection. The above protected the K-3, and my lens (only had room for one and chose the 18-135) was similarly clad in a neoprene cover.
04-07-2017, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use the DA 40mm XS

04-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #8
Forum Member

There are five body caps available the first in the screw m42 mount cap, the second is the push fit black or clear cap, this usualy supplied with the body when new, the third is the early bayonet type with asahi pentax written on it, this latter had the asahi name was dropped these also had a circle at the 12 o/c position (mounting point indicator to line up with the red dot on the mount) and white or red paint inside the circle, to match m or a type lens cameras, a second version of this cap has no paint in the circle and the addition of a circular tube moulded on the inside in the mounting flange circle, the locking button of the mount locks into this and secures the cap on, and last of all the new K1 cap that locks on as well.
04-07-2017, 06:29 AM   #9
Forum Member

images.jpgth7Z3JXVNP.jpgthHUIHOEER.jpgthM7X0R80X.jpg
Attached Images

04-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #10

Original Poster
Man!!! The responses we're GREAT. Thank you everyone for all the good info. As a newbie... I can tell you your replies are truly appreciated!
04-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
I use the DA 40mm XS
So do I!