Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #1

Pentax K3II above the serial number for power off issue has had power off issue

Just wanted to put in the title that it is NOT part of the serial numbers that were offered service for this. I bought this camera about a month and a half ago and this has only happened once but I'm wondering if updated firmware fixes this at all? I tried to power off the camera, it was a pretty cold day so not sure if that might've been the issue. But It would not shut off, so I had to take the battery out. I haven't had it happen again, so I'm not sure if it was just a fluke, but I'm wondering if I should update the firmware just in case? Is this still an issue people are having? All the searching I've done doesn't seem to have it mentioned after 2015.

04-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should update the firmware regardless It offers other benefits and improvements that you probably want anyway.
04-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Azhure Quote
Just wanted to put in the title that it is NOT part of the serial numbers that were offered service for this. I bought this camera about a month and a half ago and this has only happened once but I'm wondering if updated firmware fixes this at all? I tried to power off the camera, it was a pretty cold day so not sure if that might've been the issue. But It would not shut off, so I had to take the battery out. I haven't had it happen again, so I'm not sure if it was just a fluke, but I'm wondering if I should update the firmware just in case? Is this still an issue people are having? All the searching I've done doesn't seem to have it mentioned after 2015.
If it only happened once, then it's not the power off issue. Occasional freezes can happen with any camera, and are more likely when power drain is high or battery voltage is low.
04-10-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If it only happened once, then it's not the power off issue. Occasional freezes can happen with any camera, and are more likely when power drain is high or battery voltage is low.
Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks!