Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 rubber grip cover replacement

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber cover that fits on the bottom of the K-3 (covers the grip contacts)? Lost mine and can't find it anywhere. I checked with Ricoh and they were absolutely no help. You'd think they'd have common items such as this and sync port covers available for when people that spend hundreds of dollars for a weather sealed camera, single point failures could be resolved easily by being able to get parts that are lost easily.

Last edited by dcpropilot; 05-22-2017 at 06:10 AM.
05-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #2

Lost my also, hope someone has a source.
05-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's probably best to contact an authorized dealer about whether they can obtain one for you. This guy on ebay is apparently taking apart camera's and selling the parts. You could ask him:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pc35photolab

The K-3 rubber might or might not be interchangable with the k-7, K-5, K5 II and K-3 II (not with the K-10d I tried)
05-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I have been trying to get a replacement for the white cap that goes over the pins on the grip (DBG4) and have had no luck. I recall on Pentax webstore that had cap for the K10D grip but I have never seen them stock either the black rubber flap you need or the white cap that I am looking for, also for K-5

05-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jddwoods Quote
I have been trying to get a replacement for the white cap that goes over the pins on the grip (DBG4) and have had no luck.
srs has it Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip Terminal Cap
05-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I think that's the wrong part. That's the part that covers the pins on the grip when it is removed (the "clear plastic" is the hint). The OP I believe is looking for the black rubber part that goes on the k-3.
05-23-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcpropilot Quote
I checked with Ricoh and they were absolutely no help. You'd think they'd have common items such as this and sync port covers available for when people that spend hundreds of dollars for a weather sealed camera, single point failures could be resolved easily by being able to get parts that are lost easily.
So, my claim that Pentax support is lame, is true... Ah....

I would so sold you Pentax

05-23-2017, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I called Denver (Pentax support) and asked them if they had any and they sent me a couple free of charge. It is not available elsewhere, as far as I can tell.

Just a tip -- there is a slot in the grip to stick the rubber cover and I'm pretty compulsive about it after having lost a couple in the past.
05-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
I think that's the wrong part.
That was not a reply to OP, but to jddwoods
05-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I tried calling Ricoh the other day, and got a looping phone tree. Anyone have a phone number for Pentax support?
05-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Norwegian dealer fovi.no has them. I don't know if they send them abroad, but you could mail them (post[at]fovi.no) and ask.
05-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
SRS does not ship to North America but if they can get it I would think someone in North America could get both the white pin cap I need and the black cover flap for the K-3 body the OP, dcpropilot needs. I will try searching Amazon, Adorama and B&H websites to see if they may be stocking either of them now. If I find either or both available I will update this. I am sure there others who need these small removable camera and grip items.