Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 02:47 AM   #1

Flucard connection problems

My flucard works great with my Huwai phone but when I try and connect using my Lenovo tablet, I can't seem to get a connection. Sometimes the white wifi symbol on the K3 turns white which means a connection has been established but I get a message saying no connection. I have tried turning off my home wifi but still get the same message. Any help would be welcome.
Thanks
Ian

07-12-2017, 03:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Did you try restarting your laptop while the card is active?

Frankly, as we know the flu card work (so no problems on the camera side), the issue lies with your laptop and diagnosing that at a distance is very difficult. There could be a 1000 and 1 issues causing that, from software conflicts to incorrect settings to hardware failure.

Also, as the flu-card creates its own WiFi hotspot, your home WiFi has nothing to do with it. What you have to do is connect your laptop to the WiFi signal that the flu-card is emitting. I would just turn that off as your laptop may be connecting to that instead of the flu-card.
07-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
Did you try restarting your laptop while the card is active?

Frankly, as we know the flu card work (so no problems on the camera side), the issue lies with your laptop and diagnosing that at a distance is very difficult. There could be a 1000 and 1 issues causing that, from software conflicts to incorrect settings to hardware failure.

Also, as the flu-card creates its own WiFi hotspot, your home WiFi has nothing to do with it. What you have to do is connect your laptop to the WiFi signal that the flu-card is emitting. I would just turn that off as your laptop may be connecting to that instead of the flu-card.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I will try this and post back with results. ( Its a Lenovo tablet, not laptop)
Thanks
Ian
07-12-2017, 05:53 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd check the tablet's WiFi mode, if there's a setting for it. I believe the flucard uses the slower b/g standard rather than newer n. Also, if there's a feature that tries to auto detect a hotspot login, I'd disable that as well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
Pentaxian

It only works with certain browsers. Can't remember which at the moment I'm afraid.
07-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
It only works with certain browsers. Can't remember which at the moment I'm afraid.
It only work on Chrome for me. I have a Lenovo smartphone and it comes with its own browser. Flucard won't work with that browser. so I install Chrome and it works ok with Chrome ever since.
07-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Chrome and Safari are the standards.

07-13-2017, 06:42 AM   #8

Original Poster
I am using Chrome on my Lenovo. I will take on board what Adam and Theov39 have said and will post back. Many thanks for all your replies.
Ian
07-14-2017, 02:24 AM   #9

Original Poster
Not sure what you mean Adam when you mention the slower rather than the newer.
Ian
07-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iangilmour Quote
Not sure what you mean Adam when you mention the slower rather than the newer.
Ian
There are multiple standards for Wi-Fi connections. b has the slowest transmission rate, g is a bit faster, n faster yet. And those are just the standards for the radio frequency band around 2.4GHz. There are additional standards for the 5GHz variant.