Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #1

Trouble with my K3II

I'm having an issue with my K3II. I have my camera set for single frame shooting. Lately, in the middle of shooting, the camera seems to reset itself in bracketing mode/burst mode and it will suddenly start shooting 5 frames at a time. When I look down and check the display, it shows that it's now set on that mode, but I didn't change it. So I change it back, and after several shots it will do it again. Is there some sort of shortcut button that I could be pressing that could cause this to happen? A few times it's even suddenly set the timer and I had to wait it out to start shooting again. Most frustrating! Any help or ideas would be appreciated. TIA.

07-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tracy Smith Quote
Is there some sort of shortcut button that I could be pressing that could cause this to happen?
Inadvertent changes to settings from the 4-way controller have been a problem with the K-3/K-3II since the debut in 2013. It would be nice if "OK" was needed to confirm, but such is not the case. You may want to consider editing the list of settings that is retained across power cycles such that drive mode, white balance, and custom image mode not kept. That has been a life-saver for me when I really don't want the camera to start in self-timer mode.

Capture menu 4 > Memory (page 82 in the user guide)

Steve