Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
exif viewer

Hi
I've used PhotoME as exif viewer to show the camera statistics and information .
Its an old version 0.79 that doesn't work on my 1.8T drive and I am looking for a new tool
any recommendation?
Thanks

08-11-2017, 08:03 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ofer, I use Exiftool on both Linux as well as Windows. On Windows it has a decent GUI as well. Behatzlaha!
08-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ofer Hadas Quote
Hi
I've used PhotoME as exif viewer to show the camera statistics and information .
Its an old version 0.79 that doesn't work on my 1.8T drive and I am looking for a new tool
any recommendation?
Thanks
Adobe Bridge CC is pretty awesome because it lets you filter very effectively. It's also free

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you tried upgrading your version of PhotoME? I do not understand how the size of your hard drive would affect the software's performance.

Last edited by cpk; 08-11-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarification
08-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ofer Hadas Quote
Hi
any recommendation?
Thanks
The Faststone Image Viewer works very well for this purpose.

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter
08-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are plenty of free EXIF viewers out there just do a google search. I have found EXIFToolGiu to be a very good program. I use it daily to edit lens data info that for some reason my K3 does not write to the Maker Notes section of the Pentax K3 EXIF file. This is a problem with Sigma lens for some strange reason, my Tamron and Pentax lenses are registered properly in the Maker notes
08-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #7
bxf
Veteran Member

One of the nice things about EXIFTool/EXIFToolGUI is that you can define a "Workspace" that will contain only those items that you select, so that they can be seen immediately, without having to browse through a bunch of entries that are of no interest.

08-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the info!!
08-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Adobe Bridge CC is pretty awesome because it lets you filter very effectively. It's also free
Didn't know that, seems like a hidden miracle
03-05-2018, 02:34 AM   #10
Pentaxian

ExposurePlot

ExposurePlot is a freeware utility that -for instance- shows a graph of the focal lens length you used in your photos. Shutter speeds, ISO's and apertures will be also presented in the graphs. Exposureplot reads only jpeg files, a file format that most digital cameras use or in some way can create besides the raw files.
vandel.nl/exposureplot.html