Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Patience, Grasshopper.

11-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #17
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
I prefer a fixed screen, if it has to move articulated is better, then it can be faced in most of the time and pulled out only when needed.
I find the screen on the K-1 close to perfect. Most importantly it's quick to flick up for those low shots. I love having a waist-level finder Which is what I don't like with the flip-and-twist screens - not nearly as handy for that kind of shooting.

I do see your point with being able to turn the screen face-in, though.

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Top lcd is a must for me to see quick changes to exposure settings and AF adjust.
Absolutely! I much prefer the bigger top lcd of the K-5/K-3 to the tiny thing on the K-1. Still much better than nothing, but I do miss having more info on there.
11-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I do see your point with being able to turn the screen face-in, though.
Yes this is what I like the most, screen face in, I did this when I had a Canon 60D it was great not to have a screen surface on my cheek, remembering the film days we did not get to see the image until the film was developed, I still like that, review the images when I get home. Using the top lcd to change main adjustments and also focus points at a glance is useful for me.
11-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Usually the big announcements come out of CP+ or Photokina, so that might be a better bet. I think they want to do more with the K-3 II's successor than just incrementally improve the specs, which would not be that appealing given the already-high performance of today's models and competitors.
I assume that you are right. The inroduction of FF and the positioning of the new concept KP (price wise and spec wise a mini K1), does imply a higher specced Apsc body above the KP. Otherwise it would make little sense. And I hope that Pentax goes that route, it would mean an upgrade to long neglected properties of Pentax cameras and lenses. I assume that Pentax will, íf they make such a camera, follow suite with lens refreshes that can make use of a higher positioned Apsc body. So it would probably be a long stretch...

Chris

11-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whatever eventually comes along, it's likely to be more expensive than the KP which makes the current K-3II an absolute bargain given its specs and performance.
11-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #21
Pentaxian

^ Yeap. It's fairly cheap at right now, especially with the grip.