Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2018, 06:52 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
K-3 FLU Card behavior

I reformatted my FLU card, as normal, and when I next tried to use it, all of the SSID, version, and other informatin fields were empty, both in the camera and in the app, and the "camera control" was not working. More strange, transfer of an image began working exactly like it does in the the Image Sync app that I use with my wi-fi on the K-S2.

Repeat: The FLU card image transfer function stopped behaving in the FLU card manner and began working in the Image Synch app manner. What could explain THAT?

03-27-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Hello, I bought one second hand FLU card a few weeks ago and had the same issue. I shut down my wifi network, made a second 'reset to factory default', rebooted the K-3 twice and then the SSID showed up again. Hope it helps.
KR.
J.
03-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks. I tried all of that, except not rebooting K-3 twice (?). So here goes . . . . But I find it very strange that within the FLU card is apparently some of the same code as in Image Synch, and that the K-3 was able to use it in this crippled state.
03-27-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Thanks. I tried all of that, except not rebooting K-3 twice (?). So here goes . . . . But I find it very strange that within the FLU card is apparently some of the same code as in Image Synch, and that the K-3 was able to use it in this crippled state.
The Flu card is a mini Linux Accesspoint so some strange things happens ;-) I used to go on that site that helped me to understand the way it is working (beware! Very Techy):
Flu card | James O'Neill's Blog
Good luck with your material.
KR.
J.

Last edited by Jome; 03-27-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo