Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
panoski, on my KP with a non-A manual lens, set to TAv mode (shows Av in the mode indicator on the screen), the green button did NOT change back to Auto ISO. I checked under Button Customization, and under Av, the green button was set to do nothing (default) "--". I changed it to one of the two options where green button is Auto ISO, and it now behaves as you described above. Still, I don't see any way to have an e-dial change the Tv when you are using a non-A lens -- there is no TAv mode, everything other than M, B (or X I think?) just puts you in Av mode, and there's no way to change the Tv in Av mode directly.

In M mode, there is no auto ISO (at least on my camera).

There is also no button customization option for the e-dial in M mode that doesn't put Av (useless on non-A manual lenses, shows "--" on the display for that e-dial function while in M) on one of the two dials.

AFAIK, there is no way to do what the OP wants.

04-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
Since I discovered TAV, specially with manual lenses - I just love it, more and more, it's so usefull - - as you can see
...or as I don't see.

As described in the user manual, TAv mode when the body cannot control the aperture ("A" contact not detected) results in Av mode with no stop-down (auto-aperture actuation). Yes, one can turn on auto-ISO in Av mode (both shutter and ISO vary automatically), but there is no equivalent to TAv for lenses lacking the mount contacts.

This behavior is easily observed with camera in hand and is reflected in the image EXIF. I am surprised you have experienced otherwise. I was unable to reproduce your success.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-02-2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: clarity and grammar
04-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
I'm kinda stumped. K-3ii.

I've got an all manual lens, no aperture control. I want to be able to select shutter speed manually, and then have the camera vary ISO automatically. I can easily set an aperture and have shutter speed vary automatically, or both shutter speed and ISO vary per Pentax's program, but I want to fix the aperture (well, it has to be on lens via aperture ring), and fix the shutter, and just have ISO vary. Possible?
You didn't mention about the mount-type of your manual lens, so I assume it is k-mount. Since k-mount has an aperture linkage lever, when mounted on the camera, the lens aperture will be at the wide-open position. This is by design so it provides the brightest aperture to facilitate focusing as it is manual. With k-mount manual lens (M or K but not A), you can only use M mode in the camera.

However, with screw-mount type manual lens, you can use A or TAV mode since there is no aperture control lever.
04-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...or as I don't see.

. I was unable to reproduce your success.

Steve

I just reviewd behaviour of shutter speed, apperture , and ISo, in TAv Mode, with Pentax 50 mm 1.7, AF, with manual apperture ring...

When ring is not set to *A - my shutter speed vary, and my Iso vary.... > Same behaviour is with Manual Zenitar, which I also mount yesterday

When I set aperture ring to *A position, I have in control shutter speed, and aperture - and ISo is Auto, and non controlable, via Iso button, howewer