Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2018, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #1

Articulating screen for K-3ii

are there any plans for Ricoh Pentax to bring out an old-fashioned articulating rear screen for the Pentax K-1 ? or better yet, a reboot on the K3ii. ... not a screen like that one with "rods" on the K1, but one that will twist 180 degrees to present a plain back, or full screen ; and 90 degree, in 2 axis, for my low angle shots horizontal , and for over my head portrait format shots for shooting over taller crowds... which I run into a lot. !;-)

07-31-2018, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Dear friend,
I think that customers' proposals could be a wonderful piece of cake for future plans of the companies.
I wish your dreams got true!
07-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gwd4YQL Quote
a reboot on the K3ii. ... not a screen like that one with "rods" on the K1, but one that will twist 180 degrees
This is on my wish list too... no confirmed details on a K-3 successor though..
07-31-2018, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gwd4YQL Quote
are there any plans for Ricoh Pentax to bring out an old-fashioned articulating rear screen for the Pentax K-1 ? or better yet, a reboot on the K3ii. ... not a screen like that one with "rods" on the K1, but one that will twist 180 degrees to present a plain back, or full screen ; and 90 degree, in 2 axis, for my low angle shots horizontal , and for over my head portrait format shots for shooting over taller crowds... which I run into a lot. !;-)
KP style or K70 style?

07-31-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I vote for a tilt screen on the new K3, dont like the flippy things. While they are at it they can put an EVF on the new K-01 =)
07-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the K-1 rear screen design.
I went to CP+ the year they introduce K1 in Japan, and see 2 Nikon dudes in pentax booth talk about the new Pentax rear screen design which looks over complicated and weak.it likely broke in a few month of heavy use...etc, Then the pentax guy behind counter just grabs the rear screen and shake the camera with lens attached a few second after that... end of the story, no more speculation.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They demonstrated it again on stage with even a larger lens. and said Pentax doesn't advice people to do this! Now it is a known fact but back then it got a lot of WOW!

On You K3 or 3II, I think you can use in combination with FluCard? I use my K3 with the card for extreme low angle, it is not the best option but it get the job done.
08-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope they do have an articulating screen. It would make getting unusual angles, such as low perspective, soooo much easier....and if it had touch screen focus that much more practical.

08-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
For tripod-mounted applications where either the camera is very low (e.g. ground level) or it is pointing up very high (e.g. astrophotography), I use this new-fangled device called a compact mirror (invented around 1908). I realize that this will not work for everyone or every situation, but it works for me. Reading menus can be problematical but fortunately mirror-image text is not a problem for me. I can read it almost as easily as normal text, and the more you know your camera the less of a problem that is in any case.

Last edited by Lew Dite; 08-18-2018 at 04:54 AM.