Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

For how long can Flu-Card work continuously?

Hi! I'd like to know for how long may I use Flu-Card continuously. I know it gets hot but for my job, I'm going to need the card to be connected and tethered for around 7 hours a day. Will it be a problem? is Flu Card made for this kind of hard work?

I've Googled, read the card manual but couldn't find any information on this matter.

Thank you very in advance for your help!

11-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I doubt the camera battery would last that long. But based on my personal experience, wi-fi drains it in a matter of hours.

The card itself isn't the most stable, but it should theoretically be capable of functioning continuously for a long time.

USB or Wi-fi tethering, such as this, will work for extended periods however:
Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi & USB Tether by PentaxForums.com - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I doubt the camera battery would last that long. But based on my personal experience, wi-fi drains it in a matter of hours.

The card itself isn't the most stable, but it should theoretically be capable of functioning continuously for a long time.

USB or Wi-fi tethering, such as this, will work for extended periods however:
Introducing Pentax Wi-Fi & USB Tether by PentaxForums.com - PentaxForums.com
Thank you Adam. I have 6 batteries just in case and also some months ago purchased the AC adapter, so I'm prepared
BTW, I own a K-3II, so I think I can't use any app using Ricoh's SDK... at least, yet.

It's a pitty that the APS-C flagship camera lacks of tether capabilites. I'm using K-3II professionally and lately I miss this feature, specially when the people of the ad agency want the photos as they are being taken. In this case I shoot a bunch of products and then pass the card to one of the guys.
Thank you again!
11-30-2018, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Amoon Quote
Thank you Adam. I have 6 batteries just in case and also some months ago purchased the AC adapter, so I'm prepared
BTW, I own a K-3II, so I think I can't use any app using Ricoh's SDK... at least, yet.

It's a pitty that the APS-C flagship camera lacks of tether capabilites. I'm using K-3II professionally and lately I miss this feature, specially when the people of the ad agency want the photos as they are being taken. In this case I shoot a bunch of products and then pass the card to one of the guys.
Thank you again!
Yeah, it's a shame indeed. On the bright side, it looks like the tethering functionality might become permanent in all future bodies.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: