Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2019, 07:49 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mode dial problem on K-3

I have taken my 3 1/2 year-old K-3 in for repair because the mode dial is malfunctioning. I get the user and flash modes but for all of the others (Tv etc.) I just get "Manual" mode. I'm waiting for a repair estimate. I'm not aware of others having this problem, but I guess it's just one of those "wear and tear" things that you get with an older (and well-used) camera. Another reason to hope for a K-3 successor in the not-too-distant future.

02-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've had the same issue with my k3ii, also well used. I'm also under the impression it's rare. My repair cost the flat rate of $200 or so at precision a couple years ago, it was out of warranty.
02-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmm...haven't heard of it on the K-3 but it happened (and is not uncommon) on my K-1.
01-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #4

I am having this same issue with my K-3. Modes, X, Bulb, Green, U1, U2, U3 will jump back into Manual mode every time. When I first switch modes, the LCD will initially display the correct mode for a split second and then it will flash back over to Manual. I don't have any problems with modes P, Sv, Tv, Av, &TAv. Where you able to get your issue resolved? If you don't mind me asking, what was the repair cost? Thanks