Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2019, 08:58 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Dream camera

K3 was my dream camera 5 years ago but I couldn't afford it at that time. So I got the K500 & I was still using my K10 & K20. Recently I saw there's a lot of used K3 advertised on B&H. I ordered one & it arrive today. It came in a small box without manuals or CD but got a charger with 2 original batteries & some cables. Actually there were 5 choices for K3 & there was even a K3II but I chose this with a rating of 9+ When I removed the wrapping I saw that the camera looks very new. When I took out the hotshoe cap it looks spotless & shiny. I charge the battery, attach a lens & took a shot. It looks sharp & crisp & I upload this pic online here to check the data. The shuttercount is 123. It's practically unused even though it's an old model. B&H quality is really good.
2 years ago I bought a used Panasonic videocam at B&H also rated at 9+. It was brandnew & never give me any problem for these 2 years of constant usage

07-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dreams sometimes come to those who wait - seems like a very good deal - enjoy it, it's still a very good camera - I was using mine just today
07-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great find. My K-3 after three years is still my dream camera. Enjoy your new dream camera!
07-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

That is indeed a nice catch! 123 clicks... brand new, iow. Enjoy your K-3, it's a formidable camera

07-29-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sweet find! Enjoy and post pictures
07-31-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have fun. When I made the jump to digital almost 2 years ago I started off with a K2000 with the intention of using that to get better at photography while saving up to get a K-1. Then a few months later I found a steal of deal on a lightly used K-3 that I really couldn't say no to. While I still want to make the jump to a K-1 or its successor for less noise when doing astro shots it is something that can wait until I wear the K-3 out. Apart from that I am not really hitting the limitations of the K-3 and going to full frame would require that I get a 400mm lens to get similar fields of view which would mean I need to dump even more money into it. I have been very happy with that purchase and it is a rugged camera that has performed well even in some rather inclement situations like -15F (-27C I think for all our metric friends), condensing humidity (not actual fog), scout camp, and others.