Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mariusz_B Quote
Nikon K3-derived screen? At what aperture does the screen darken?
Perhaps PF member @LesDMess will check in. They have personal experience with the K3 screen.

My KatzEye is reported very similar to the Nikon K3 with the split-image usable to f/11, though at those apertures, the deeper DOF apparently affects the differentiation across the split. F/8 is the practical limit. FWIW, the 1960 vintage screen on my Exakta VXIIa is quite usable at f/11...go figure.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-15-2019 at 02:43 PM.
08-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Probably the problem is that when taking pictures with analog equipment, we did not have the ability to set ISO 1000.
For this reason, we did not combine with the depth of field in low light and large aperture numbers.

Now the appetite has become sharp, as has the new concept of focus.
Just look at the beautiful old portraits with hand-drawn eyelashes .

Now I'm wondering how to set the camera to make a portrait from a distance of 1.7 m and 1.2 aperture, although I know that the depth of field is only 5.5 cm (1.674-1.727m). However, when the depth must be greater, I do not want Focusing screen to turn me off the light

However, if we did not do so, photography would still be a picture of a rigidly standing model staring at the lens like a frog in a cauliflower.