Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2019, 08:05 PM - 2 Likes   #16
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Convert Quote
I posted my first comment ever on this forum, and now wish I had not.
Sorry if some of the comments came over a bit heavy, Dan. At moments like these - much-anticipated new camera in the offing - some people here are very sensitive to anything that sounds like someone having a bit of a go at them (like trolls). I guess they assume the whole world already knows - when actually the rest of the world couldn't care less. But the new 'flagship' APS-C camera is coming (very soon I expect). It should have quite a few new and/or improved features. I still use a K-3 and I don't intend to replace it for a long time yet. All the current Pentax line up (K-3ii, KP and K70) offer a lot more bang for the buck than similarly priced competitors cameras. And the Forums really are a friendly and very helpful place. Stick around. You will find it is a nice place to be. People would normally be very welcoming but in this case they were too hyped up and reacted to your question in the wrong way.

10-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #17
Pentaxian

well 3 of 4 are now discontinued......4 for 4 when the K-1 is discontinued which it prolly has since the ii
10-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK guys, I've learned my lesson. I posted my first comment ever on this forum, and now wish I had not.

Sorry I don't know what some of you already knew, so in order to avoid looking stupid in future I'll hang back in the shadows.

Maybe I should re-convert back to Canon?
Dan, I guess it is easy to forget how well informed many of us are compared with the non forum reader. By the same token when posting a new thread it may be useful to search a bit to ensure the topic isn't well hashed.

I suggested the thread close tongue in cheek. Pentax forums tends to leave them open unless they get ugly. My anticipation of a deluge of blather to pump post count prompted my remarks not your subject.

As for the apsc body... Pentax announced the discontinuation of the k-3 ii a while back. The KP wasn't ever billed as the successor but it has the best image quality and is the most advanced apsc Pentax makes currently. The new flagship apsc that has been shown in mock up has a third control wheel. It is also anticipated to have the same accelerator chip technology that is in the k1 mkii and KP. It likely also has a new sensor.

Welcome. Sorry the reception was out of character for us. Keep posting.
10-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

sorry

OK guys, I've learned my lesson. I posted my first comment ever on this forum, and now wish I had not.

Sorry I don't know what some of you already knew, so in order to avoid looking stupid in future I'll hang back in the shadows.

I am sorry that your first post was flamed, sometimes the old timers forget our manners, welcome aboard and enjoy the forum

10-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery

Nope, you don't want to go back tn the shadow now. Keep it up, you need a 100 posts this month. Keep it up.
10-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
My K-3 was discontinued before your K-3 II and it's just fine.
I hope you continue to enjoy your vintage camera for many years to come.
10-02-2019, 08:38 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't worry, you're fine. Some of us are just a little wired and weird and easily triggered.

10-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #23
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Convert

Welcome and don't worry.....
Foot in Mouth disease can strike at any time....for some of us

Dave
10-04-2019, 08:18 AM - 2 Likes   #24

Original Poster
Apologies accepted folks. I did not spend adequate time investigating this issue in other threads. Had I done so I would not have excitedly begun this new thread.

I will stick around, as I’ve learned a lot on this forum, and very much like Pentax, which I first bought only three years ago,

I don’t plan on going back to Canon, or to Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad or Sinar, all of which served me very well for five decades of my professional career.

Now that I have converted, I’m happy. I currently use both the K-3 and K-3 II, and just ordered a used K-1 (first version).

Looking forward to finding more expertise here.
10-29-2019, 04:03 AM   #25
Pentaxian

and still waiting for successor
10-29-2019, 06:27 AM   #26
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
and still waiting for successor
It'll be here in no time Pentax time that is

Dave
10-29-2019, 07:35 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will stick around, as I’ve learned a lot on this forum, and very much like Pentax, which I first bought only three years ago,
That's great news and welcome to the forums. I'm sure you will enjoy your new K-1 too.
10-29-2019, 07:53 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Nay! Just keep posting.

Canon....... Well.... Canon is Canon. Hahaha!

Ricoh has already teased us with a model of the upcoming APS-C flagship. Hopefully it's out sometime next year.
11-20-2019, 10:52 PM   #29

You can still get K3 and K3II's from mapcamera in Shinjuku... if you're in Japan. Used but in good quality.
11-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Garthgoyle Quote
mapcamera
do they have an ebay shop?