Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #1

Pentax K3-ii Download Issue

I usually save .JPG and .DNG on two separate memory cards so I can download to different locations on my desktop computer. Today I plugged in my USB 3.0 cable to offload all the photos from my K3-ii camera and the only files it came up with were the .DNG pictures. The user manual and an internet search didn't offer any resolution as to why only the .DNG files were offloaded.

Anyone know what made this happen? In the past I dragged and dropped the files but today I was being lazy and wanted the computer to do the work.

Eric Parker

11-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ericlparker Quote
I usually save .JPG and .DNG on two separate memory cards so I can download to different locations on my desktop computer. Today I plugged in my USB 3.0 cable to offload all the photos from my K3-ii camera and the only files it came up with were the .DNG pictures. The user manual and an internet search didn't offer any resolution as to why only the .DNG files were offloaded.

Anyone know what made this happen? In the past I dragged and dropped the files but today I was being lazy and wanted the computer to do the work.

Eric Parker
Are they still on the card ?
11-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

Do you have a card reader? Check the card with the JPEG files to see if they are getting written to the card in the first place.

Check your card settings to make sure they haven't inadvertently been changed.
11-25-2019, 03:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Do you have a card reader? Check the card with the JPEG files to see if they are getting written to the card in the first place.

Check your card settings to make sure they haven't inadvertently been changed.
Yeah that switch on the sd card can be a real pain if it moves too easily .

11-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
Yeah that switch on the sd card can be a real pain if it moves too easily .
Mystery solved! Since I was using a USB 3.0 connector as recommended in the owners manual, my computer saw the camera as having two drives. When I started the download I only specified the drive (in this case Drive H) and the .JPG files were on drive I (eye). Thanks for the responses.

Eric