Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2019, 03:52 AM   #31
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi Birddude

Stroller thats the one, your cart looks ok.
The 3 wheel ones look pretty good for a go anywhere stroller ( pram ).
With it being covered you can't really see what is inside, its a good way to surprise nosy onlookers ( just have 2 lenses look like eyes ).

Dave

12-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Birddude

Stroller thats the one, your cart looks ok.
The 3 wheel ones look pretty good for a go anywhere stroller ( pram ).
With it being covered you can't really see what is inside, its a good way to surprise nosy onlookers ( just have 2 lenses look like eyes ).

Dave
seems like I need to start combing the want ads and the garage sales around here, I can probably find one cheap, when I had a baby I had a real nice three stroller that had large wheels, that thing could go anywhere with minimal effort
12-01-2019, 03:32 PM   #33
Pentaxian

@BirdDude007

As someone else said: a 17-70 Sigma, as you can probably get a used 1st gen version with "almost macro" capabilty for <$100 - Mine has replaced a 18-135 Pentax as it's sharper and just as fast to focus, albeit not WR and somewhat larger & heavier.

PS, OTOH, maybe just get her a decent (HOYA or similar) No 1 Close-up lens for much less to stick on the front of the 18-135! - that will give her a "decent" macro capability for "not a lot of money" (probably about $20-30) as I found when I used it at work a few years ago.

Last edited by jeallen01; 12-01-2019 at 03:41 PM.
01-24-2020, 08:46 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's responses, they were very informative. My wife decided to pick up my K5 and use it while she learns, she will be movi.g up to the K3 very soon. She just loves the 18-135, and is actually getting some good shots, I see she has an eye for photography, some of her shots are better than mine and I cannot be more proud of her. I am not being overbearing this time so she wont be overwhelmed and scared away from the art, instead I'm here to answer questions and guide her when she needs. She has discovered my 100mm lens for her macro work which is her favorite genre, so for now she will be using those two lenses, and over time she will venture about and start using all the rest of my lenses. I'm getting a K1 soon so my main shooters will be one of the K3s and the K1, she will have use of the other K3, the K5, and the K01. I am thrilled she is really taking to this, now we go out more so we can go shoot, it's great to find something that we both absolutely love doing, plus it makes it easier when I go buy more gear.....no arguement from her....lol
Herr is my main Pentax gear.....
Name:  20200118_113751.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  160.5 KB