Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #1

Photo counter on the top LCD screen - changing card slots

Hello!

I've been wondering if it's possible, to change the counter to show the number of pictures left on the second card? In 1st slot I have a 16 GB card (for RAW), the 2nd is for JPEG (4 GB). It seems logical, that the camera displays info for the lower capacity card, but it's possible, to change it for the 2nd one? It's a minor thing, but it really annoys me somehow I couldn't find anything in the manual. Maybe it switches to the 1st slot when the 2nd one is full?

Extra questions:

1. If I look at the top LCD display near 90 degree angle, the bottom line on the display itself is a little crooked (when compared to dark strap along the bottom of plastic screen protector). It's only me or your specimen have that also?
2. Original Pentax D-BG5, does all the buttons and dials feel the same as in the body, or it's a slightly different experience?
3. Would you recommend getting hahnel D-Li90 batteries as a 2nd "juice source" for K-3?
4. Does Peak Design v4 anchor links are thin enough to fit strap mounting holes? Or the triangle is required?

Thank you in advance for answering.

Last edited by Coven; 12-10-2019 at 12:23 PM.
12-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Coven Quote
Hello!

I've been wondering if it's possible, to change the counter to show the number of pictures left on the second card? In 1st slot I have a 16 GB card (for RAW), the 2nd is for JPEG (4 GB). It seems logical, that the camera displays info for the lower capacity card, but it's possible, to change it for the 2nd one? It's a minor thing, but it really annoys me somehow I couldn't find anything in the manual. Maybe it switches to the 1st slot when the 2nd one is full?

Extra questions:

1. If I look at the top LCD display near 90 degree angle, the bottom line on the display itself is a little crooked (when compared to dark strap along the bottom of plastic screen protector). It's only me or your specimen have that also?
2. Original Pentax D-BG5, does all the buttons and dials feel the same as in the body, or it's a slightly different experience?
3. Would you recommend getting hahnel D-Li90 batteries as a 2nd "juice source" for K-3?
4. Does Peak Design v4 anchor links are thin enough to fit strap mounting holes? Or the triangle is required?

Thank you in advance for answering.
Q4. I use the latest Peak Design anchors without triangles (K-1 and KP). Works but it's a bit fiddly to get there.
12-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I couldn't find anything in the manual. Maybe it switches to the 1st slot when the 2nd one is full?
If one is set for sequential write, the top LCD shows an estimate for the active card. For other write types, it shows slot #1. If one wants to start on slot #2 for sequential write rather than slot #1, a little trickery is involved...
  • With camera OFF, remove the card from slot #1
  • Turn the camera ON and note that slot #2 is active and that the estimate for that card is displayed on the top LCD
  • Turn the camera OFF and replace put the card removed from slot #1 back in that slot
  • Turn the camera ON and note that write is still to slot #2 and that the estimate reflects the card in that slot
To change back, do the same steps above, only giving the nod to slot #1.

Steve
12-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Define "a little crooked". Mine has a slight rise to the right, maybe -0.5°.

It has been a few years since I sold mine, but memory is that the buttons and dials are similar enough to those on the body that they did not feel strange or different.

Steve

12-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Define "a little crooked". Mine has a slight rise to the right, maybe -0.5°.
Mine's the same
12-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #6

Original Poster
@stevebrot, @BigMackCam

This is exactly what I meant. I thought maybe my specimen is not well put together, but it looks like it's normal.

Thanks for help.