working on the experience going out today

07-14-2020, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EXman Quote
this guy is on my list

don't hate on the box its how I got it ;(
One of my sadder days was the day I tossed mine into the trash can. I now have a Sigma 300mm f2.8 (A gift from my wife and kids when I retired.) but still prefer the Tamron.
07-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #18

Original Poster
Thanks you all for these tips! I'm enjoying my K-3 But I'm not sure I can keep it... My jobs on a Covid-19 hold.
07-21-2020, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks you all for these tips! I'm enjoying my K-3 But I'm not sure I can keep it... My jobs on a Covid-19 hold.

Phew, what a bummer! Wish you all the best jobwise. Hope you don't have to sell your photo gear - after all, it's vital soul food. But I understand that sometimes, when life gets rough, tough decisions need to be made.

08-21-2020, 11:20 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I LOVE my K-3. It's great for cropping.

Before

After
08-22-2020, 01:40 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I have just pick up a K-3 with 380 shutter count ..Only use for a Gig and was put out to pasture while the seller K1 got shooting ...Good for me as Now I can use my old glass ..
11-01-2020, 06:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I've hade a few other Pentax and now I have the K-3 and like it a lot. I have had a *ist DL for a bit and still own it. My Mothers Brother past and I have some new toys.

I'just had the Sony Nex5 too and it just felt like a toy in my man hands but it took pretty good shots.
anyways I was wondering what are your favorite things about your K3? Why does it serve you well?
I love the fit with my hand when the battery grip is on... Sometimes I pick it up when I walk by it just to hold it.

11-03-2020, 07:31 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
, the second at ISO 5000.
How do you get rid of the grain at that ISO so well?
If I use my K-3 in available light above about ISO 3200, I get a lot of grain. Now I can get rid of some of that with PP. How did you do it?
11-03-2020, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
How do you get rid of the grain at that ISO so well?If I use my K-3 in available light above about ISO 3200, I get a lot of grain. Now I can get rid of some of that with PP. How did you do it?

Hey Vince. Well, to begin with, I strive to keep the digital noise down by shooting RAW (DNGs) and trying to nail my exposures. Sometimes, I will merge images in DxO HDR Efex (Part of the DxO Nik Collection) to cancel out some of the noise. However, my most effective weapon against noise has long been DxO's Prime noise reduction, which has only recently been upgraded to AI-powered DeepPrime noise reduction. The shots you're referring to were both processed with DeepPrime at its "magic wand" values. Honestly, this feature alone would be enough to make DxO PhotoLab Elite 4 my RAW processor of choice. It also does a fair amount of magic on my old K-7 DNGs.
11-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
I have just pick up a K-3 with 380 shutter count ..Only use for a Gig and was put out to pasture while the seller K1 got shooting ...Good for me as Now I can use my old glass ..
I got mine with only 750 shutter clicks three years ago... you are the first I've heard to do better, well done!
11-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Same, went from the ist DL to the K-3, been using it for about 3 weeks so far and it's a dream.

I stopped using the older DSLR because the manual shooting mode (I like shooting manual) sometimes switches to bulb and I didn't want to tear it open to fix (I'm sure it's just a contact issue with the dial.)

Kind of jealous reading everyone saying they got theirs used with low shutter count, mine was really well used but it was a good price at the time.