Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've gotten really great results by shooting in the 'muted' mode, then dropped the saturation and all other settings pulled all the way down. Looks pretty bad in camera, but once you get the RAW files in post they really pop as I find this captures a better dynamic range and you get more information out of the shadows and highlights. There's a really great video that was uploaded by Peter McKinnon on Youtube, I will have to find it and link.

I find I am able to get better colors in my final images by shooting in the flattest/most muted mode in camera.

05-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #17
Pentaxian

have a look here....these folks are doing some neat things especially in regards to 'muted'

Creating a jpeg style - PentaxForums.com
05-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by alejandromc97 Quote
So I recently got a K3 and I've been wanting to start shooting video with it but I'm not sure if i should be using the muted profile or the natural profile because o want to start learning to color correct a little bit but nothing too serious just for fun
I think muted is better for grading if you want to learn that, the other profiles have too much saturation. but without a log profile and only 8bit you obviously can't grade as wide as something like the Panny S1H.