Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #16

Original Poster
I read, somewhere at this forum, that it was possible to downgrade a firmware without problems.
I have try it, the usual way, as if it were an upgrade. From v1.42 to v1.41.
The process went as usual.
And... the good old days came back: I got the focus as it was. Very accurate. There, where I want it.
What a relieve!
Once again, thank you all very much for the expended time with my questions.

05-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #17

Good to hear, Pentuga.
Reverting to the fw to the previous version was the obvious thing to do, not sure why some folks thought it wouldn’t work.
Now, you still have some homework to figure out why the new version doesn’t work with your camera.

By the way, are you from Portugal?

05-16-2021, 07:56 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
If the camera needs an adjustment beyond the ability of the user to adjust, then the camera is far enough out of whack that it will require calibration beyond what Pentax has made available to the user.

If you have a different solution, I'm sure the OP would love to hear it. I know I would.

I installed the recent update on my K1, and had to redo the offsets on all of my AF lenses, including the 100 macro. Fortunately none were pushed out of range, but it was close in a couple of lenses.

For reference purposes, that was the FA 24/2, 31, 43, 77, 100 macro and *200 macro, the F*300/4.5, and the D FA 70-210, 50 and 85mm lenses.
It used to be possible to set an offset in debug that affected all lenses shifting the 0 point of the +/- 10 range.
05-18-2021, 02:55 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoaki Quote
Good to hear, Pentuga.
Reverting to the fw to the previous version was the obvious thing to do, not sure why some folks thought it wouldn’t work.
Now, you still have some homework to figure out why the new version doesn’t work with your camera.

By the way, are you from Portugal?
"Reverting to the fw to the previous version was the obvious thing to do, not sure why some folks thought it wouldn’t work"
Well, I had the idea myself that it was not possible to downgrade a firmware, because I read something about it somewhere. I tried it without being sure what would happen.

"Now, you still have some homework to figure out why the new version doesn’t work with your camera."
I'm gonna wait for news on this matter. And take a good and long breath.
Anyway, the information about firmware v1.42, on Ricoh's official website, says:
"Changes to V1.42
Optimized focus operation for new lenses...".
From this, I conclude that this update only interferes with AF.

"By the way, are you from Portugal?"
Yes, I am.

05-18-2021, 05:23 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by pentuga Quote
"By the way, are you from Portugal?"
Yes, I am.
Adivinhei!
Não sou português, mas falo a língua de Camões.

Waiting is the right thing to do, may be fixed on the next release.
Good to hear that you're back in business.

05-18-2021, 11:46 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentuga Quote
"Reverting to the fw to the previous version was the obvious thing to do, not sure why some folks thought it wouldn’t work"
Out of curiosity, does your D FA 100 Macro work for manual focus to the problem distances? How about auto focus in live view?

Steve
05-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Out of curiosity, does your D FA 100 Macro work for manual focus to the problem distances? How about auto focus in live view?

Steve
"Out of curiosity, does your D FA 100 Macro work for manual focus to the problem distances? How about auto focus in live view?

Steve"

Good question. I have not tested these two ways of focusing with the v1.42 firmware installed. For the simple reason that, in practice, I don't use them. But it would have been interesting to do so, I admit.