Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #1

How to conect battery life with monitor and pentax k3?

Is any one have ideia how to connect the monitor feelworld and the camera PENTAX K-3 with one battery, maybe i buy an NP970 battery.
i was searching a lot on the internet but I didn't find it,

As I do a lot of video and in external areas where there is no electric light, I thought about connecting the battery life, connecting the Pentax K-3 camera with the Feelworld f6 plus monitor.
I thought about buying a NP970 battery but I still don't know how to connect or what adapters I need to use for the camera.

Anyone have any good ideas?

05-24-2021, 04:58 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Your camera may be powered using the monitor's 8V power-out fitting. The actual camera spec is 8.3V, but 8V is likely close enough. Cables with DC barrel 5.5mm/2.1mm connectors to fit the monitor are not hard to source, but the other end to fit the K-3's DC-in port is more difficult. One approach is to solder a Hirose MQ172-3SA-CV(50) connector on the camera end of the cable to allow connection. Alternatively, one can take the output wire off a third-party AC adapter (e.g. HQRP AHK) and solder on a DC 5.5/2.1 plug to allow fit of the wire to the monitor. (Add a DC 5.5/2.1 jack to the AC adapter so that item does not go to waste.)

I hope this helps.

Steve
05-24-2021, 05:44 PM - 2 Likes   #3

Photos: Albums
It's not quite the same as a single battery, but I adapted an Li90 battery plate to the Feelworld FH7, so the monitor and camera use the same battery type - no need to have different batteries and chargers.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G991U  Photo