Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2022, 01:03 AM   #16

Original Poster
For my needs, I can just make do with 6 lithium AA batteries in the grip: these last longer than the Pentax batteries. They last about 6-8 hours which is just enough for me. So I use the battery grip just to load these batteries and have given up on the idea that the camera can switch from one to the other.... I'm sure it would be possible to keep the camera charged for longer using an EXTERNAL lead battery in connection with the terminals of the battery grip - as long as the voltage and power are spot on. But care would be needed to not damage the camera of course......

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
batteries, battery, battery grip, body, camera, dslr, grip, k-3, k-3 ii, k3, pentax k-3, photography, switch