Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #1

Base cover for K5/ K3

Hi, does anyone know of a firm who can supply a leather base cover for my K5/ K3 preferably in the UK?
I have found covers for the older pentax models but I could do with giving my K5/K3 's better protection as I use them outside in wet conditions so often. Time to look after them.
Regards
Newey

12-29-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not leather... but it should fit:
DSLR Neoprene Pentax K-70 K-S2 K-S1 K-50 K-500 K-30 K-3 | Etsy

From Turkey...

Amazon US has many like this.
12-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Not leather... but it should fit:
DSLR Neoprene Pentax K-70 K-S2 K-S1 K-50 K-500 K-30 K-3 | Etsy
From Turkey...
Amazon US has many like this.
+1 for a neoprene case.
I have use products from OP Tech USA before: OP/TECH USA | Comfortable neoprene camera straps and slings | OP/TECH USA and I can recommend these. The neoprene case product has been really excellent to protect my camera bodies.
Hope that the comment may assist.
12-30-2021, 01:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Uncle Vanya and hcc,

Thanks for the recommendations.

Pentax seem to be treated as a minority interest brand here in the UK but I was won over some years ago when looking for a quality DSL R which had weather sealing to replace my Nikon film cameras when I came across the K series and I have enjoyed using the various K series cameras since.

The body on my film Nikon F90x is in a poor state now thus my deciding to protect my digital bodies while they are in good shape.

Thanks again,

Newy.

12-30-2021, 01:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Newy Quote
Hi Uncle Vanya and hcc,

Thanks for the recommendations.

Pentax seem to be treated as a minority interest brand here in the UK but I was won over some years ago when looking for a quality DSL R which had weather sealing to replace my Nikon film cameras when I came across the K series and I have enjoyed using the various K series cameras since.

The body on my film Nikon F90x is in a poor state now thus my deciding to protect my digital bodies while they are in good shape.

Thanks again,

Newy.
Happy to assist. You have stumbled into one of the nicest online communities that exists - maybe because we are a smaller more tight knit group? In any case enjoy.
12-31-2021, 02:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newy Quote
Hi, does anyone know of a firm who can supply a leather base cover for my K5/ K3 preferably in the UK?
I have found covers for the older pentax models but I could do with giving my K5/K3 's better protection as I use them outside in wet conditions so often. Time to look after them.
Regards
Newey
Hi Newey there are a few of us in the UK. I am up in Lancaster I have a half leather case on my Fuji. I also have old leather cases for my spotmatic and S1a film cameras. I think they just look great. There are people on etsy who make half cases, maybe you could see if they would make one? They aren't cheap but they do look great. I wouldn't mind one for my k3/KP so let us know how you get on