Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #1

Broken battery door !!

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but i can't seem to find the posts. I work in the Fire Investigation Team of a large Fire Brigade and we have two K3's that get used when investigating large or serious fires. As you can imagine they have taken a lot of abuse over the years and the battery doors on both units have broken.
I did read that the door for a K7 will fit, can any of the knowledgeable folks on here point me in the right direction to get some replacements!!

Many thanks for your help

Christian

06-01-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by XianR Quote
I cannot help directly Christian, but I am sure you will get a helpful response.

Welcome to the forums btw.
06-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #3

I've sent you a private message
06-01-2023, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by XianR Quote
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before but i can't seem to find the posts. I work in the Fire Investigation Team of a large Fire Brigade and we have two K3's that get used when investigating large or serious fires. As you can imagine they have taken a lot of abuse over the years and the battery doors on both units have broken.
I did read that the door for a K7 will fit, can any of the knowledgeable folks on here point me in the right direction to get some replacements!!

Christian
Buy a used d-bg5. Add the grip and leave out the battery in the camera. This won’t weigh a ton more that way but fixes your battery door issue.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 06-02-2023 at 07:20 AM.
06-01-2023, 08:35 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I have spare parts for sale. DM please