Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DPR/Pentax K-3 ongoing poll results

If you'd like to see the results or participate in the ongoing poll about purchasing of K-3, please follow the link:

Who is going to pre-order K-3?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

10-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to the K-3 forum Why not also create a poll here?

I bet that most people will say they'll pre-order it, and then not do it but instead wait for prices to go down...but from what I know, the K-3 is fortunately going to be reasonably priced.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Moved to the K-3 forum
No problem. Thank you.

Why not also create a poll here?
Honestly I don't know how to create a poll here. And DPR is more compact to reach people.

I bet that most people will say they'll pre-order it, and then not do it but instead wait for prices to go down...but from what I know, the K-3 is fortunately going to be reasonably priced.
Actually more respondents are willing to wait for somebody else to test it first (as usual :-)). I'll go for it, if the specs are right at least. However, I'm afraid that for 24MP luxury we may have higher noise at high ISOs. I'm still very tempted by K-5IIs.
10-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
No problem. Thank you.

Honestly I don't know how to create a poll here. And DPR is more compact to reach people.

Actually more respondents are willing to wait for somebody else to test it first (as usual :-)). I'll go for it, if the specs are right at least. However, I'm afraid that for 24MP luxury we may have higher noise at high ISOs. I'm still very tempted by K-5IIs.
If it's the same Toshiba sensor that the D7100 uses, then the noise will be slightly lower when scaled down to 16Mp. However, this is already pushing the limits of APS-C...

Only a moderator can add a poll to a thread after it's been posted, but in the future look out for the poll checkbox on the new thread page.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If it's the same Toshiba sensor that the D7100 uses, then the noise will be slightly lower when scaled down to 16Mp. However, this is already pushing the limits of APS-C...

Only a moderator can add a poll to a thread after it's been posted, but in the future look out for the poll checkbox on the new thread page.
Thank you?

BTW: have you voted?
10-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm buying asap. It's getting slow at work, so if it means loosing a lot of money on my OMD kit that won't matter. I don't use it much anyways and will use it even less with a K3 in my kit.

10-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Will I pre order? Probably not. But when it comes out I'll buy.

10-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Actually more respondents are willing to wait for somebody else to test it first (as usual :-))...
Bah... Trust me.. This supposed K-3 is the final cumulative product of all those "prototype" unit, namely:
Q --(focus peaking & mirrorless testing)--> K01 --(conventional DSLR design with focus peaking)--> K30 --(testing of new AF mechanism & AA-less sensor) --> K5ii/S --(all those "new stuffs" emboldened into final product) --> K3..

Final line-up i believe would be:

K50/K500 in replacement of K30, which has happened.
K3 in replacement of K5ii/S, which should be happening.. No, seriously... I know there will be detractors here spouting craps about it being newly released and no way will they replace it... But yes, fact of life now.... Technology advancement is simply way too fast nowadays and getting customers "involve" in this process is this era..

Ta-da.... In short, we should be proud that we played a part in helping Pentax improve! Or rather, for being the guinea pigs.. LOL!
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'm buying asap. It's getting slow at work, so if it means loosing a lot of money on my OMD kit that won't matter. I don't use it much anyways and will use it even less with a K3 in my kit.
Not me. I'll let you early adopters test it out for me first and the wait for the first FW update.
10-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

For me, being on a 5 years cycle and upgrading from k-200, it's going to be a pleasure to "test" for you. I just expect it to be better in all aspects anyway.
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll get it like a shot. Expect a pre-loved K-5 on the market soon. The K-5 IIs is keeper though.
10-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I don't know if I would pull the trigger this time like I did for K5IIs....

But I am happy to see Ricoh commitment to the K-mount, and would really like to know if a PENTAX FF is coming.
When that part is confirm, my wanted list is the Sigma 18-35, the GR, then will see.

But so far, the specs looks good and bring so much excitement. Looking forward.
10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Nope, not me,...... well probably not. especially if it has different batteries.

Although if this revised body is really going to be compatible with a later full frame then maybe a K-3 & "K-1 ?" combo would be pretty sweet.

K-3 - for sports with higher fps and "reach"
K-1 ? - for landscape / portraits / everything else
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
K50/K500 in replacement of K30, which has happened. K3 in replacement of K5ii/S, which should be happening.. No, seriously... I know there will be detractors here spouting craps about it being newly released and no way will they replace it... But yes, fact of life now.... Technology advancement is simply way too fast nowadays and getting customers "involve" in this process is this era..
IMO it should go K-500 -> K-50 -> K-5 II -> K-3. There's no reason to get rid of the K-5 since it's reasonably-priced yet still powerful. But, following Pentax tradition, I have a hunch that it will be discontinued.

Adam

10-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'll get it like a shot. Expect a pre-loved K-5 on the market soon. The K-5 IIs is keeper though.
I almost pulled a trigger on K-5IIs. I reconsidered when I learned that it did not match well with my major tool - Sigma 500/4.5. Now I'm thinking upfront how to carry two bodies: new - paired with 500/4.5 and not yet retired K-5 with FA*300 or DA*60-250. Quite a riddle to make it comfortable enough