Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
There is no single word of USB 3.0 "Hi-Speed". Feel free to point me to it...
From Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pentax+k-3+usb+3.0+hi-speed&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-...-US%3Aofficial
And this forum:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238970-pentax-k-3-highlights.html
and the German Ricoh page on the K-3:
PENTAX K-3 - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH

But like I said, it's really not a big deal either way. No one would notice because we have no USB tethering.
Could very well be a typo like the "raw video" that was in the spec that we got all excited over

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
even internal SD card readers on devices are usually a form of USB connection. If also true on the K-3, is it possible wired tethering would also be supported via the USB port?
I've done some work w/ microcontrollers and most internal SD slot support is a direct SDIO interface.
Tethering via the USB port would require software internally and externally...I'd hope they'd at least have copy/pasted the tethering support from the K20D and added shutter/aperture/etc. control since you can do that w/ FLU...
Tethering is very niche...only really used in-studio and pulling 6MP JPEGs via an Eye-Fi/FLU is probably enough for most cases.

10-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #17

I see, thanks, the first hit from Google is ric...youknowwho
A reference to this forum itself is - well - strange.
Nevertheless, beside Ricoh Germany also Ricoh US http://www.us.ricoh-imaging.com/dslr/K-3_#!product-specs has this phrase, OK.

However, if in doubt I would rather follow tr13 with a "misleading translation" and put most trust in Ricoh Japan. Nevermind.
It seems to be a forum thing, to come to factual statements very early, even if it might be just a suboptimal formatting of the spec sheet, not even a typo, as with "raw video".
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
It seems to be a forum thing, to come to factual statements very early, even if it might be just a suboptimal formatting of the spec sheet, not even a typo, as with "raw video".
Yep...that's why I tried to flag JCPentax. He corrected the "raw video" in the official spec sheet. I was hoping he'd fix the USB 3.0 "hi-speed" typo as well...