Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 304
Full frame or no full frame....

Hi

I really don't care if it is full frame or not - I know that this model KILLS - I mean absolutely destroys Nikon D7100, 7000s and Canon 70D, 7D etc.

I would not be able to buy this ofcourse! But looks like this page is here to stay...

PENTAX - K-3

Just two more items in the checklist which can be achieved by mid of next year - A full frame and atleast 5 more lenses (Hopefully few more wide angles and a fast lens).

Go Ricoh Go!!

10-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
I have seen this link many times... when I click it it says "ERROR: 404 Page Not Found! We are sorry but we just cant seem to locate the page that you were looking for."
10-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 304
Original Poster
Hi

I think they just removed the page. I think a good strategy to leak their own product

Glad a few forum members kept screen shots.

Here you go:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238970-so-anyone-posted-yet.html

or:

Pentax K-3 « NEW CAMERA

Cheers!
10-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,767
QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
I have seen this link many times... when I click it it says "ERROR: 404 Page Not Found! We are sorry but we just cant seem to locate the page that you were looking for."
The page has been taken down. Looks like it went live a few hours too early.

10-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Hi

I think they just removed the page. I think a good strategy to leak their own product

Glad a few forum members kept screen shots.

Here you go:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238970-so-anyone-posted-yet.html

or:

Pentax K-3 « NEW CAMERA

Cheers!
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The page has been taken down. Looks like it went live a few hours too early.
ohh that makes sense... thank you so much ^^
10-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
disco_owner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,611
That Doesn't sound Right , Durability of shutter = 20 Million Times , seems like a Type to me
10-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 304
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
20 Million Times
Agreed its a camera not a train. It can be 200, 000 or 2 Million MAXXXimum a very stretched exxageration.

But boy am I glad they came up with the futuristic camera. The video specs are great, the optional low-pass is nice, dual SD card, USB 3, 25 CROSS TYPE focus point is better than any camera I can imagine...

Cheers!
10-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #8
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Agreed its a camera not a train. It can be 200, 000 or 2 Million MAXXXimum a very stretched exxageration.

But boy am I glad they came up with the futuristic camera. The video specs are great, the optional low-pass is nice, dual SD card, USB 3, 25 CROSS TYPE focus point is better than any camera I can imagine...

Cheers!
i was wondering about that too... 20 million!! but even if it is 2 million or even 200,000 still better than earlier cameras... i bought my k-5 a month ago. Now I will have to sell it soon... I will buy k-3 as soon as I can order it... ^^

10-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 304
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
I can order it... ^
I would wait. Two primary reasons

1. The cost will be really high at the launch.

2. There will be a few bugs which will be reported post launch.

Untill then I will shine my current Pentax.

Cheers!
10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #10
Forum Member
cream's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 95
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I would wait. Two primary reasons

1. The cost will be really high at the launch.

2. There will be a few bugs which will be reported post launch.

Untill then I will shine my current Pentax.

Cheers!
ah... thank you for talking sense to me but I was thinking of seeling my K-5 and using that money to pay part of the K-3... maybe K-5 price will go down even more after the launch? What do you think? that is the only reason why I think earlier is better... (okay, I lie... I really want it right now and I have the money hard to stay patient )
10-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
KDD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 346
The New Standard of Performance
Benchmarked as the most advanced enthusiast DSLR available, featuring unparalleled technology and specifications, the PENTAX K-3 will set your photography free with the new standard of imaging performance and unsurpassed user-flexibility. The K-3 touts 24 effective mega-pixels in an APS-C sensor, continuous shooting at an incredible 8.3 frames per second, and champions the world’s first selectable anti-aliasing filter, giving the user the ability to easily toggle anti-aliasing functionality on or off, for supreme resolution and zero limitation. Power your pictures using the new top-tier SAFOX11 autofocus module, and go beyond wireless functionality with the new FLU card SDHC technology for complete remote camera control, and image transfer. Complete, and capable for every serious photographer, also enjoy professional H.264 video capture, dual memory card slots, and the distinguished PENTAX weather sealing in a stunning magnesium alloy body. Harness the summit of the K-mount with the PENTAX K-3.

24 effective mega-pixels in an APS-C sized CMOS sensor
Fast continuous shooting at 8.3FPS
Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter, On/Off
Professional H.264 video
BUY NOW
FIND A RETAILER
SEND TO A FRIEND
HIGHLIGHTS
SPECIFICATIONS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
RELATED PRODUCTS
10-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,840
QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
Hi

I really don't care if it is full frame or not - I know that this model KILLS - I mean absolutely destroys Nikon D7100, 7000s and Canon 70D, 7D etc.

I would not be able to buy this ofcourse! But looks like this page is here to stay...

PENTAX - K-3

Just two more items in the checklist which can be achieved by mid of next year - A full frame and atleast 5 more lenses (Hopefully few more wide angles and a fast lens).

Go Ricoh Go!!
If it were a FF, then it would kill the other models. But it isn't...the K-3 is essentially plays the same role as the K-5 did back in 2010. It is a very nice camera, but I don't think it's going to help Pentax regain the customers that they have already lost, sadly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Pentaxian
cali92rs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,346
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If it were a FF, then it would kill the other models. But it isn't...the K-3 is essentially plays the same role as the K-5 did back in 2010. It is a very nice camera, but I don't think it's going to help Pentax regain the customers that they have already lost, sadly.
I agree.
Top of the heap APS-C DSLR = Great Camera = Low single digit marketshare.
We've seen this movie already.
10-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It is a very nice camera, but I don't think it's going to help Pentax regain the customers that they have already lost, sadly.
These days, I'm not sure any camera sells itself. Marketing seems to be very necessary. Partnerships with people who can help sell cameras are what is needed.
10-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #15
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 787
nice specs but

any new lenses?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, frame, k-3, k3, pentax k-3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Full frame $1600 Canon EOS 6D full USA warranty, NIB pocketrounds Sold Items 30 06-04-2013 11:43 PM
Are Any of The 17-50 (or in that range) Lenses Full Frame? reivax Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 02-04-2013 07:38 PM
Full Frame or 1.6 sensor with TAKs tak-pix Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 9 04-01-2012 04:22 PM
Full frame K20D in 2009? Vote now! Yes or No. Adnan EROL Pentax News and Rumors 232 02-23-2010 03:22 PM
Future laid out by Pentax -- no full-frame rparmar Pentax News and Rumors 158 10-23-2008 06:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top