Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Too bad you couldn't get the FLUcard with the pre-order. I don't see it listed on the B&H site.

10-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #32

Since many new cameras have been announced in the last couple of months, I decided to wait until I read some reviews before deciding on the digital camera I'm going to get soon. Winner? Pentax K-3. This will be my first digital SLR. I've had film SLRs, but have been using a Pentax Optio 40 for a while. Time to step up my photography hobby a bit.

Personally, I think the K-3's features win over many cameras coming out, with or without a mirror. I'd rather have a rock-solid camera with a mirror than one made cheaply with plastic and no weather sealing. Plus, I love what Ricoh is doing with the Pentax brand. The new HD prime lenses and the new 55-300mm HD lens are on my to buy list.

Last edited by Macintosh Sauce; 10-20-2013 at 12:56 PM.
10-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Macintosh Sauce Quote
Since many new cameras have been announced in the last couple of months, I decided to wait until I read some reviews before deciding on the digital camera I'm going to get soon. Winner? Pentax K-3. This will be my first digital SLR. I've had film SLRs, but have been using a Pentax Optio 40 for a while. Time to step up my photography hobby a bit.

Personally, I think the K-3's features win over many cameras coming out, with or without a mirror. I'd rather have a rock-solid camera with a mirror than one made cheaply with plastic and no weather sealing. Plus, I love what Ricoh is doing with the Pentax brand. The new HD prime lenses and the new 55-300mm HD lens are on my to buy list.
What are your shooting preferences? K-3 is quite advanced "semi-professional" level camera. It will have also rather large RAW file size. To get into DSLR business for the very first camera the K-5II may suit you very well. You may then add FF-camera coming (hopefully) in 2014. Just my 2 cents.
10-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
What are your shooting preferences? K-3 is quite advanced "semi-professional" level camera. It will have also rather large RAW file size. To get into DSLR business for the very first camera the K-5II may suit you very well. You may then add FF-camera coming (hopefully) in 2014. Just my 2 cents.
Mostly landscapes. I was going to get the K-5IIs, but not since the K-3 was recently announced. The new K-3 is not that much more than the older model. I don't want to wait until 2014 or 2015 for a 35mm FF camera, so APS-C is good enough for me at this moment in time.

Also, I like the longer reach you get with APS-C sensors. If I wanted FF I'd go buy the new SONY A7R, but the lenses cost way too much for my liking. SONY just doesn't get that people want cheaper prime and zoom lenses that are weather-sealed.

The K-3 and the available Pentax lenses strike a nice balance with cost and features. Also, I like the direction Ricoh is going with Pentax. i.e. actually investing in the camera brand. Pentax's future looks brighter because of Ricoh.

10-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #35

You re so lucky..i am ready to but my first camera k-3 kit to enter photography World with pentax family but i couldnt anybody to get it turkey..i can by with my credit card or cash but turkey's custum process makes the price awful..i wish u have amazing photos with ur new cameras
10-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #36
Veteran Member

K-3 status

I just received an email from B@H:

Dear XXXX:

You placed order #xxxxxxxxxx on 10/07/13.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video

I'm patiently waiting...
10-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
I just received an email from B@H:

Dear XXXX:

You placed order #xxxxxxxxxx on 10/07/13.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video

I'm patiently waiting...
The K-3's will ship at the beginning of November- most likely at the end of the first week.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-3's will ship at the beginning of November- most likely at the end of the first week.
I have the same message like above but when I ask for more details, I get this:

DEAR XXXX
Please be advised that the PENTAX K-3 DIGITAL CAM PREMIUM SILVER EDITION, you have on backorder is expected to arrive at our warehouse early December. As soon as we receive it from the vendor/manufacturer we will promptly ship it to you. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience.

and this:

Hello xxx, my name is xxx:

I apologize for any confusion here, it is not only you though. Anyone who ordered this through BH will have to wait until early December at least for this camera. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Therefore, I think there are some problem with the manufacturer than everyone will get K3 Silver at the beginning of Dec, may be K3 Black will be in the market earlier, from Nov. Do you think so?
10-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
Therefore, I think there are some problem with the manufacturer than everyone will get K3 Silver at the beginning of Dec, may be K3 Black will be in the market earlier, from Nov. Do you think so?
Well, it would be a shame if the silver cameras ended up being delayed by that much. But one thing is certain: they're sold out, so keep your pre-order in there or risk never getting one. You could always also order a black one and return in 30 days later (as long as you don't use it too much)

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, it would be a shame if the silver cameras ended up being delayed by that much. But one thing is certain: they're sold out, so keep your pre-order in there or risk never getting one. You could always also order a black one and return in 30 days later (as long as you don't use it too much)
Yeah I just heard that there is confirm of delivery date is Nov 29, 2013. I can wait until that tine for Silver version . Thanks Adam for the info
11-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ledohung Quote
Yeah I just heard that there is confirm of delivery date is Nov 29, 2013. I can wait until that tine for Silver version . Thanks Adam for the info
Just saw a post from a member in Vietnam that got his silver K-3. They might soon reach the US too!

BTW, all of the K-3 pre-orders have now been posted in our system, so if you ordered through B&H and would like your free account upgrades, start shooting me some PMs!

Adam

11-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #42
Veteran Member

How would we know if our account upgrade has already been applied? I can see marketplace now, so I think that means mine is already in there?
11-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
How would we know if our account upgrade has already been applied? I can see marketplace now, so I think that means mine is already in there?
You need to send me a PM with your order number 48 hours after your order ships. Once your upgrade has been applied, your forum username will become bold and you'll see the upgrade listed on the donations page.

Adam

11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam, How long will the deal, both the sdcard and the upgrade, be lasting? I've got to sell an item before I can get the K-3.
11-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-3 Pre-Order with B&H

Hi Adam, I pre-ordered a K-3 Black Body Only, D-BG5 Grip, and extra battery through B&H and just received my K-3 yesterday. Order number is 1026623888. I am providing this information to you for the account benefits for ordering through B&H. I also will be ordering the FLU Card through Adorama since it appears that B&H doesn't carry them yet. At least I couldn't find in a search of B&H. Thank you.