Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #46
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Catscradle Quote
Adam, How long will the deal, both the sdcard and the upgrade, be lasting? I've got to sell an item before I can get the K-3.
I don't think B&H will be removing the SD card from the K-3 anytime soon. The account upgrade deal will be around until black friday, at which point all free upgrades will revert to 1 free month rather than 2-3.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #47

How to purchase Pentax Extended warranty at B&H

Any advise would be helpful. I tried to purchase the K-3 at B&H with Extended Warranty but the warranty is "out of stock." I called B&H (following online chat) and they got back to me hours later to let me know that I can only get the warranty if I place the order online. I explained that I needed to link to their site to receive the PentaxForums premium account offer and the rep said I need to do the purchase one way or the other; if I link and order online then I can't add the warranty to my purchase.
I figure I must be missing something. Can anyone explain the process to me?
Thanks for your help.
11-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #48
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed Cutler Quote
Any advise would be helpful. I tried to purchase the K-3 at B&H with Extended Warranty but the warranty is "out of stock." I called B&H (following online chat) and they got back to me hours later to let me know that I can only get the warranty if I place the order online. I explained that I needed to link to their site to receive the PentaxForums premium account offer and the rep said I need to do the purchase one way or the other; if I link and order online then I can't add the warranty to my purchase.
I figure I must be missing something. Can anyone explain the process to me?
Thanks for your help.
Hi Ed,

You can just order the K-3 separately using our link so that it doesn't hold up the shipment. As long as the extended warranty is purchased within 30 days of your purchase, and as long as you keep all original receipts, you'll be fine. The extended warranty does not have to be purchased from the same store, so if you don't want to wait, just get the warranty from Adorama:
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Just ordered through Adorama, and left a bad review at B&H. Ridiculous that an extended warranty would be "out of stock".

11-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I just spoke to B&H regarding this. The rep said there was a physical card from Pentax that was the stock and they are waiting on more, but if I placed the order now it would count as within my 30 days but I wouldn't be charged until the physical card shipped.
11-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DJSponge Quote
Just ordered through Adorama, and left a bad review at B&H. Ridiculous that an extended warranty would be "out of stock".
It's silly that all the warranty stuff can't be done electronically these days...

I understand that Pentax as a distributor is probably the main bottleneck, but still.

Adam

11-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Hi Ed,

You can just order the K-3 separately using our link so that it doesn't hold up the shipment. As long as the extended warranty is purchased within 30 days of your purchase, and as long as you keep all original receipts, you'll be fine. The extended warranty does not have to be purchased from the same store, so if you don't want to wait, just get the warranty from Adorama:
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)
Thanks to you all for your help with this.
12-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #53
Veteran Member

I received the same notification but as long as I get my warranty card I'll be fine. I just wish the camera would hurry up and get here.

12-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now you've gone and done it!

Ho boy, I just ordered my k-3. Can't wait for it to arrive. Adam, I went to B&H through the forum's link, so it should get the "kickback". Let me know if there is a problem and I'll give you the details.

Do I have to wait until the camera actually arrives so I have a serial number to get the extended warranty from Adorama?
12-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Catscradle Quote
Ho boy, I just ordered my k-3. Can't wait for it to arrive. Adam, I went to B&H through the forum's link, so it should get the "kickback". Let me know if there is a problem and I'll give you the details.

Do I have to wait until the camera actually arrives so I have a serial number to get the extended warranty from Adorama?
No just be sure to keep the receipts for the camera and warranty card and the card too, that is what they will ask to see if you ever need service.
05-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #56

Extended warranty for K-3 not available in Virginia. What's up with that?
05-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shayne Quote
Extended warranty for K-3 not available in Virginia. What's up with that?
Probably a state law that 'protects' the consumer from being taken advantage of via add-on warranty's.
02-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #58

Photos: Gallery
I just ordered mine today from Adorama and got a K-3, 18-135 and a D-BG5 grip all for $1079! What a deal!
02-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krmitchell1055 Quote
I just ordered mine today from Adorama and got a K-3, 18-135 and a D-BG5 grip all for $1079! What a deal!
Congrats! Don't forget the add on 2yr Pentax warranty for 20 bux.
09-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #60
Site Supporter

k-3 pacage

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Geez, the grip is $300.00. No pairing of grip and black body? Is there a black grip available?
I bought my K-3 at Adorama and they had a package that included the Flu Card and the Battery Grip for $808.00. The K-3 by itself was $749.00 and ten bucks for the grip. (they said the flu card and grip were in the bundle but on the invoice they had to put something so it showed up as $49.00 for the card and $10.00 for the grip). But, that was then and now is now. I think the only thing they offer for free is the Pentax AF-200FG flash but it only costs $739.00. I know I'm a year late and a dollar short cause I bought my K-3 on 10/3/2015.