Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #226

QuoteOriginally posted by boysana Quote
I called my LPS today with whom I placed my order, informed that the first shipment of K-3's are all allocated, and unfortunately none for you! New shipment will be "mid-December"

There were promises made when I placed the order, as the assistant had 'just spoken to the rep' and the time factor (going OS) was stressed. After some 'instruction she has now agreed to 'ring around'...
Booooomm!!!

20 minutes later......

"There were none in the country, but I can have one for you by this afternoon" gotta a love a camera store chartering a jet from Japan

11-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #227
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boysana Quote
but I can have one for you by this afternoon
I've got to get you to make some calls on my behalf then
Mine has been on order since early October. Last I heard (a week ago) was 'an eta of about one week'. The week before that, it was 'December', due to a high volume of back orders.

At this rate, I am expecting 2014. I may just forget about the K-3 and wait for the Pentax full-frame, I think.
11-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #228
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Mine has been on order since early October. Last I heard (a week ago) was 'an eta of about one week'. The week before that, it was 'December', due to a high volume of back orders.

At this rate, I am expecting 2014. I may just forget about the K-3 and wait for the Pentax full-frame, I think.
Who was it you ordered through? Mine arrived about a week after the direct CRK orders, through Camera Warehouse.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 11-20-2013 at 09:42 PM.
11-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #229

No probs rawr give me the number

As Rob said who did you order through? Mine was though a Camera House store in WA, on the whole they have been great.

11-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #230
Veteran Member

Took my K0-1 in for repairs to CRK Port Melb. They still haven't had a K3 in their hands - they go out the warehouse almost as fast as they come in. I think they are getting rattled by the number of people desperate for a silver. They certainly know we are out there.

The K-01 looks like it is spending Christmas in japan. i will have to console myself with my new K3. Life is tough, but someone has to do it.

They haven't seen a 20-40Ltd either.
11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #231
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Who was it you ordered through?
CameraPro.
By ordering via them I broke a rule of my own never to order anything online unless the retailer verified that they had stock of the item. But the price was very good at the time, so I caved.

I'll see what they have to say this week, and then I might bail.
11-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #232
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gosh the wait for my Silver K3 to land in Hobart is becoming unbearable - after a week away, I got back today and found a "missed parcel delivery" card in my letterbox. Assuming it was the K3 I rushed down to the post office to find a great big box with my name on it...and nothing inside but the flu-card! A quick call to CR Kennedy ensued and they assured me that I was in fact one of the "Lucky 50" but the wait continues nevertheless... Pity, had a great shoot at Cradle Mountain and would have liked 24 MP of K3 silvery goodness...

11-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CameraPro.
By ordering via them I broke a rule of my own never to order anything online unless the retailer verified that they had stock of the item. But the price was very good at the time, so I caved.

I'll see what they have to say this week, and then I might bail.
I didn't think of them when I looked at prices. I bought my K-5 through Camera World, and I was happy with their price and service then, and they were cheaper on the K-3 than CRK direct, especially on freight, although I don't know if CRK charges a credit card fee.
11-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #234
Veteran Member

I don't know if CRK charges a credit card fee.
When ordering online through them you pay through PayPal... so that's the only caveat with them...

11-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
When ordering online through them you pay through PayPal... so that's the only caveat with them...
you do not have to, I did pay with PayPal but also via Bank transfer and with my Visa or MasterCard and they did not charge any extra fee
11-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #236
Veteran Member

I don't know if CRK charges a credit card fee.
If you have any questions from CRK phone or email. I always get a positive and helpful reply when I phone and I get replies to my email within a couple of days. CRK are nothing like canon. i suspect it's easier to get a response from the White House than trying to get anything out of canon not that I have tried the White House.
11-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #237
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
PayPal charges the vendor, but because they seem to use USD as the base currency, the buyer outside the US get charged for the conversion from AUD to USD and back again, IIRC, or at least so my statements say on my credit card that pays PayPal for me.
11-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #238

Jeez Rawr
You'll be upset (like I was) that there were 5 Silvers for sale at the official launch on Tuesday with bonus lens etc. I was a tad miffed seeing as mine hadn't arrived.Should have cancelled my order but it finally arrived yesterday. Try calling Clem Kennedy directly. He may be able to sort it out for you. Good luck
11-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #239
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Essdubbya Quote
Jeez Rawr
You'll be upset
I'm a patient soul. It's also been informative learning about the K-3 (and it's quirks) while I wait.

As it happens, I got an email late today saying my K-3 was waiting for me to pick up in-store, as requested. Weather permitting, I plan to drive over in a day or so and grab it.
11-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #240
Veteran Member

Does anyone have a link for the differences between the 8gig and 16gig FLUcard?
Besides the amount of space and a branding label, I'd be curious to see if there's any Pentax specific code in the WiFi device.
I note the card on the Pentax .au website is labeled as Class 6, which is significantly slower then the UHS-1 controller can support.

Bob: What did you have happen to your K-01?
I'm to the point where I completely trust that mine is fault free and reliable, heck, I left it close to full auto on Saturday night for party photos, and even with the traditional 'shots' of Jager, got a heap of lol worthy shots.