Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #46

Does anyone know whether CRK will invoice you on the date you pay upfront (i.e. when you preorder), or the date you recieve the camera? I'm wanting to claim GST back through TRS, so need it to be invoiced in November.... dilemma! Somehow I doubt the silver edition will still be around by then..

10-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You pay upfront for your pre-order with CRK and it's done through PayPal.
10-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
You pay upfront for your pre-order with CRK and it's done through PayPal.
or Credit Card
10-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #49
Veteran Member

TRS has changed,

QuoteQuote:
As of 17 April 2013 changes to the requirements for making a claim under the Australian Government’s Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) will come into effect.

The key changes are:

Travellers can claim through the tourist refund scheme on purchases made up to 60 days before leaving Australia (under old regulations they had 30 days). This will apply to sales made on or after 17 April 2013.
Travellers can submit more than one tax invoice to make their claim, as long as each is a valid tax invoice from the one Australian Business Number retailer and the total value of goods purchased is $300 or more (including GST).
You have 60 days, no worries

10-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I pre-ordered the day it became available. And got a message that only 20 will be landing in Australia, and 10 has been already pre-ordered by someone else, didn't think twice. I was waiting for a K-5IIs in Silver and what I'm getting became a K-3 in silver. I can imagine how good it will look like when I stick my newly finished collection of Silver FAs. So shall we count off who pre-ordered theirs in Silver? I'll start off, just put the number at the bottom of your post.

10-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #51

Want but may just be a case of GAS
10-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Is this Flucard the "Pentax" Flucard for tethering

The CRK's Silver limited bundle comes with the 8GB Flucard pro wireless SD card....but I have no idea if this is the same "Pentax" flucard that offers wireless tethering with the K-3.....

I did google and it would appear to get tethering support we need the "Pentax" version?

Any ideas?

10-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
The CRK's Silver limited bundle comes with the 8GB Flucard pro wireless SD card....but I have no idea if this is the same "Pentax" flucard that offers wireless tethering with the K-3.....

I did google and it would appear to get tethering support we need the "Pentax" version?

Any ideas?
I have a feeling that's the case - the spec sheets for the K-3 always state that wireless remote control is available through the dedicated Pentax 16GB Flucard.
10-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Does anyone know if the Silver LTD edition from CRK includes two batteries...??

I notice website says "Extra Lithium Ion Battery" which I assume means two batteries in total? One for the camera and an 'Extra' for the grip. ?
10-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #55
Veteran Member

K-3 is starting to show up on some popular AU web stores:

DigitalCameraWarehouse have the K-3 (black body) now, for $1344. No Mention of the FLU Card though.

Camera Pro (Brisbane, non-grey) have the black K-3 "& Bonus Flu Card PRO 8GB" for $1232.
10-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote

I notice website says "Extra Lithium Ion Battery" which I assume means two batteries in total? One for the camera and an 'Extra' for the grip. ?
Well.. "extra" usually does imply more than one...
10-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Well.. "extra" usually does imply more than one...
You know that, and I know that..... I just hope CRK know that.
10-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote

Yes, you do get a 2nd battery. BUT if you are thinking of getting a Silver K3 I have a feeling you may have left it too late.There seems to have been many people pre-ordering the Silver version from CRK and there were only a very limited number allocated to Australia.
The good thing about this new camera is, when it arrives I wont have to wait for the battery to charge before I can use it. I can just chuck the battery from the K5 in and away I go.

Anyone want to swap their silver FA43Ltd for my Black MIJ one????

Peter
10-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #59
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
K-3 is starting to show up on some popular AU web stores:

DigitalCameraWarehouse have the K-3 (black body) now, for $1344. No Mention of the FLU Card though.

Camera Pro (Brisbane, non-grey) have the black K-3 "& Bonus Flu Card PRO 8GB" for $1232.
Thanks for the heads up for Camerapro's price, has anyone had any experience with these guys or should I see if DCW will price match?
10-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveXT Quote
DCW will price match
I don't think DCW will price match, at least according to their FAQ. Worth a try though.

I haven't bought anything from Camera Pro before, but there do not seem to be any recent horror stories about them on Whirlpool and they are active Ozbargainers. So that's encouraging. They also have an active FB page, FWIW.

Anyway, I'll certainly report any issues here [if any arise] once Camera Pro ship my K-3 in a few weeks , once CRK get some stock into Australia.