Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Hunt Quote
Bugger! Missed the courier! Have to wait until Monday
Me too, but I suspect the 'courier' is just the postie delivering a bogus 'we couldn't deliver your parcel' card. This is not the first time I've been home all day waiting for the delivery van to arrive only to find a card in the mailbox.

The very strange part is the card says the package will not be available at the local post office till after 2pm on Monday. If the courier was here (up in the Dandenongs) he would have had to drive past the post office to get back down off the mountain, so why would he make another trip on Monday???? Bogus I tell ya..

Not happy Jan

11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #197
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Me too, but I suspect the 'courier' is just the postie delivering a bogus 'we couldn't deliver your parcel' card. This is not the first time I've been home all day waiting for the delivery van to arrive only to find a card in the mailbox.
I've had that too.

However, when I got home from work yesterday and checked the actual delivery card (I'd been watching the online tracking from work ), it said that the parcel could be collected from my local post office next business day. I reasoned that the parcel must already be waiting for collection, and I had it in hand by 4:30pm.

Ah, then the battery charge. Nothing like it for delayed gratification .

Anyway, the level indicator works, the pop-up flash works, and I will fire off some test shots later today to check focus. I'm also wondering if my Metz 58 af1 will work, or whether it will require a firmware update.

I don't update often (last body purchase was a K10D), so I am looking forward to some good things from the K-3.
11-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had that too.

However, when I got home from work yesterday and checked the actual delivery card (I'd been watching the online tracking from work ), it said that the parcel could be collected from my local post office next business day. I reasoned that the parcel must already be waiting for collection, and I had it in hand by 4:30pm.

Ah, then the battery charge. Nothing like it for delayed gratification .

Anyway, the level indicator works, the pop-up flash works, and I will fire off some test shots later today to check focus. I'm also wondering if my Metz 58 af1 will work, or whether it will require a firmware update.

I don't update often (last body purchase was a K10D), so I am looking forward to some good things from the K-3.
Unfortunately I didn't check the mailbox till after the post office was closed, so no chance of collection before Monday. At least I have plenty of charged batteries hanging around waiting for it. (I have a K-5 and a K-7. All the same batteries)

I can't think of any reason the Metz flash wouldn't work. I have one too and I'm expecting it will work even better than it does on the K-5.

Last edited by wizofoz; 11-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.
11-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #199
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm also wondering if my Metz 58 af1 will work, or whether it will require a firmware update.
Tried my Metz 58 AF-2 on mine (with Godox PB960 battery pack). Worked pretty well - only tried P-TTL but no issues so far.

11-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #200
Forum Member

Welcome black K-3 !

I got one after going from work yesterday and did some quick tests.
Found no problem with built-in flash and Metz 48 AF1.

In general , give 9 over 10 for photo features and 6 over 10 for video features
11-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Just ordered mine from CR Kennedy. Hoping it gets dispatched quickly. Also bought my lens I have been lusting over all year, an FA31 ltd. Surprising CRK's price was better than I could find on eBay for this lens.
11-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Also bought my lens I have been lusting over all year, an FA31 ltd.
That will be fun in the sun. Got my FA 31 this year from CRK. Been mostly heavy overcast and windy in Melbourne so I really need some sun to match the K3 and FA 31. The K3 has been doing a great job with the 60-250 zoom. Been zapping everything that flies.

All in all this has been a really nice thread to participate in. As my jewish relatives would say, more excitement than a pork chop in a synagog.

11-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #203
Inactive Account

Ordered mine a fortnight ago.First shipment all gone,have to wait till the second shipment comes in,bloke in camera shop rang kennedys,they said hopefully by the end of the month.
Tony
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #204
Forum Member

Got my K3 yesterday from Paxtons for $1290 with the 8GB Trek Flucard and 2-years warranty. I'll unbox it tonight and test the focus on my lenses.
11-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #205
Forum Member

Mine is at the post office! I really didn't think it would ever materialize!
11-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveXT Quote
Mine is at the post office! I really didn't think it would ever materialize!
i'll pick it up for you.
11-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveXT Quote
I really didn't think it would ever materialize!
I know that feeling. Mine is yet to arrive in Australia, and has now been on order for over 1 month, with an ETA of 'sometime by the end of this month'.

I'm getting antsy about it too. JB Hifi is having it's 15% off sale on digital cameras this weekend (6D =$1400 [$1899-15%-$200 Canon cashback], D7100=$1189 etc), and Greys have a couple more 'refurbished' D600's up for auction ending this weekend ...
11-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #208

Got mine today. First brief play with it and it feels great to use. Still getting used to the new button placement. The real big difference for me is how much quieter and gentler the shutter mechanism is compared to my K30.
11-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MBT74 Quote
quieter and gentler the shutter mechanism
Yes, that was something I noticed making the transition from K-x to K-5. It's a great feature. Makes a HUGE difference in some shooting situations. Good to hear the K-3 still has that.
11-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #210

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I know that feeling. Mine is yet to arrive in Australia, and has now been on order for over 1 month, with an ETA of 'sometime by the end of this month'.

I'm getting antsy about it too. JB Hifi is having it's 15% off sale on digital cameras this weekend (6D =$1400 [$1899-15%-$200 Canon cashback], D7100=$1189 etc), and Greys have a couple more 'refurbished' D600's up for auction ending this weekend ...
Well you're not the only one waiting unfortunately. We may miss out on our silvers.
After contacting CRK I received the following reply:

"Sorry for the late reply Stephen, overseas short supplied us with this model, my manager is currently overseas.

Once I hear back from him I will send you another email updating you.

Kind Regards

Michelle"

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.
I will of course take this up with CRK at the official launch on Tuesday but I don't expect an answer.
Maybe I'll get lucky and win the lucky door prize (a silver), stranger things have happened.