Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Who will pre-order their K3

I pre-ordered the K5 and was probably the first person to come in with stained sensor on the day I got my camera.

This has not scared me and I will pre-order the K3 as soon I get some replies to my emails. I am one of the excited pentax people who just has to have the best pentax. The camera will probably save me from buying a full on video camera that would be a higher price.

I figure the first batch will be sold out with pre orders, that's happened with the K10 and I had to wait for the second batch. So I will probably place my order this week if not today.

10-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should And if you want a silver one, you have to act fast as I'm sure only a couple hundred will be making their way to Australia (same goes for the US).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
I pre-ordered the K5 and was probably the first person to come in with stained sensor on the day I got my camera.

This has not scared me and I will pre-order the K3 as soon I get some replies to my emails. I am one of the excited pentax people who just has to have the best pentax. The camera will probably save me from buying a full on video camera that would be a higher price.

I figure the first batch will be sold out with pre orders, that's happened with the K10 and I had to wait for the second batch. So I will probably place my order this week if not today.
I just did...part of me is saying wait...the other part is saying 24mp...buy you won't be disappointed...so I ordered it
10-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'll go to my Pentax shop on Saturday, and order a silver K-3 with a silver grip.
Bling bling :-)

10-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'm in
10-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I've never pre-ordered ANYTHING. But I just did. Anybody seen the black grip listed yet?
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Adorama - Pentax D-BG5 Battery Grip for K3 Camera 38799

10-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tricktech Quote
Thanks.
10-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #9

Just pre-ordered the body using the B&H link. Plus the extended warranty. REALLY hoping I won't need that!
10-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It doesn't appear to be available for pre-order on any of my usual Australian sites, which is no surprise. We're unlikely to see them before Christmas.
So I have taken the plunge and ordered from B&H; hopefully the import tax man wont notice....
10-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I would really like to pre-order the Limited Silver package, but I rarely need a grip, and it makes it awful big for my pano rig...
Aaaand the wife would definitely notice the new camera (as opposed to the old black K-5, that won't be going away) and want to get herself something shiny (but probably gold).

Black is stealth, in many ways..
10-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
I would really like to pre-order the Limited Silver package, but I rarely need a grip, and it makes it awful big for my pano rig...
Aaaand the wife would definitely notice the new camera (as opposed to the old black K-5, that won't be going away) and want to get herself something shiny (but probably gold).

Black is stealth, in many ways..
That's a good occasion to visit Henry's new store...
10-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
It doesn't appear to be available for pre-order on any of my usual Australian sites,
I got the K7 from a camera shop first day of release world wide and pre ordered and received the K5 within the limits of the transport when first released.

Had an email it would be on the www.pentax.comau today for pre-order but is doesn't seem to be up yet.
10-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
Veteran Member

will visit Yodobashi this weekend. hope they will have a test unit by then.
10-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Australian Pentax Store is advertising the K-3 at $1,399 body-only (inc GST) plus $10 flat shipping to anywhere in Aus. You've got to be happy with that. The only other Australian store advertising the K-3 is Camera Warehouse, which is where I got my K-5 from (at $1,650 inc GST, three years ago, IIRC). Early November delivery. No sign of the FLU card yet. I may well be pre-ordering.