Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Two new lens corrections available in the K-3

I noticed "Peripheral illumination correction" (vignetting) and "Fringe effect correction" options in a control panel illustration somewhere. Those are nice for jpeg shooters such as myself.

Wonder what fringe effect correction is? Purple fringing perhaps. That'd be great.

Another thing to hope for is faster distortion and chroma corrections. Hopefully Adam's upcoming review will cover that.

Regards,
--Anders.

10-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asp1880 Quote
I noticed "Peripheral illumination correction" (vignetting) and "Fringe effect correction" options in a control panel illustration somewhere. Those are nice for jpeg shooters such as myself.
I read on the Ricoh site that the vignetting correction can be used with RAW too:

"In addition to distortion and chromatic aberration, the K-3 effectively compensates for lens vignetting to capture high-quality images with edge-to-edge sharpness. You can even compensate for the fringe effect during RAW data development, and for chromatic moiré during JPEG-image playback."

At least that's what it seems to be saying.
10-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #3

"during RAW data development" that means when convert RAW to JPEG