Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
It's almost as if he's human, isn't it? Humans do tend to make mistakes. Everybody should relax.
Agree 100%. Adam's under the microscope because he's got what is likely the best and largest (English-speaking) Pentax user group. I'd imagine that when he started this small community he didn't realize that having his words parsed ad infinitum would become one of his job responsibilities. I wish him luck with his NikonForums and don't see that as a betrayal of Pentax in any way, just smart business.

QuoteQuote:
I seriously dislike the phrase: "You should go out and take more pictures!" Less is more. Instead I say: Everybody should produce just one really very excellently good picture of which they can be really very excellently proud this comming weekend.
+100! but can I replace "picture" with "video"?

10-11-2013, 04:52 AM   #152
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote

+100! but can I replace "picture" with "video"?
LOL, isn't a video just thousands of pictures?
10-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #153
Pentaxian

And a picture is really just a painting taken by a computer! Or chemicals if you are old-fashioned!
10-11-2013, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #154
Loyal Site Supporter

For what it's worth......I left this thread open yesterday while I took a long nap, so that Otis could monitor it for any new developments. Here is the report he gave me this morning......

*There are more nuts here than in his "Woods of Otis".

*Guys here, and he said he was using the word "guy" loosely....are more interested in sensor and panty brands than in the performance of the product as a whole, although he was not against having a closer look inside both sensors and panties!

*Adam is a "Good Guy" and allowed, even welcomed him and his Squirrel Army here when DPR kicked them all out. Without Adam, PF would be "squirrel free"......who would want that?

*He took down names of all those that have blasted Adam, and will soon be dispatching his Army Squirrels worldwide for a "wiring inspection" of their vehicles. Don't laugh, I did once and it cost me a small fortune to repair my Jeep.

*Instructed me to make a $50 donation to PF as proof of his support for Adam and PF.....of course, he didn't have his checkbook handy, so he asked.....demanded....I use my cash to do it.

I'll be taking Otis off this duty now, I can't afford to leave him here, no telling what he will demand next, but I do hope you guys find a replacement for Adam in the case that it is found he did make a mistake. After all, the rest of us here are all perfect, all the time, and we should expect the same of the site owner.......right?

Best Regards!

10-11-2013, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #155
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Greyser Quote
If this thread was on DPR, there would have been at least half a dozen bans already in place. I respect Adam for being willing to "take the heat" without shutting down the conversation. As long as things don't get personal, I guess it is OK, although I just think it isn't that big a deal either way. And I still think Adam is a very credible source for things Pentax -- at least as credible as a number of members of the forum that troll around sharing cryptic-nothings and implying that they know a lot more than they really do.
10-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #156
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
If this thread was on DPR, there would have been at least half a dozen bans already in place. I respect Adam for being willing to "take the heat" without shutting down the conversation. As long as things don't get personal, I guess it is OK, although I just think it isn't that big a deal either way. And I still think Adam is a very credible source for things Pentax -- at least as credible as a number of members of the forum that troll around sharing cryptic-nothings and implying that they know a lot more than they really do.
I agree. And as I said in DPR thread Adam is the only one from Pentax community who could be heard by Ricoh/Pentax officials. He is a public figure in the big shoes now!

Regarding cryptic source. The guy is almost always very accurate in his leaks/predictions. I think, every time he balance on the edge do not tell more from what he knows. With non transparent Ricoh/Pentax PR we still live in the secrecy and world of rumors, unfortunately.
10-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Yes, in the same way a picture is just thousands of color drops.
10-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #158
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
Per specs on Ricoh Imaging website, sensor has 23.35 effective MP. Sensor in D7100 has 24.71.

That might indicate something new!
Sensor shifting for image stabilization purposes probably cuts the number of effective pixels by some small amount.

10-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #159
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For what it's worth......I left this thread open yesterday while I took a long nap, so that Otis could monitor it for any new developments.
Wow the new Zeiss lens can do this too? No wonder it costs what, $4k?
Please Pentax, don't give your lenses names like Zeiss...
10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #160
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Wow the new Zeiss lens
Otus _____
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Otus _____
Is the squirrel making lenses now?
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #162
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
more interested in sensor and panty brands than in the performance of the product as a whole, although he was not against having a closer look inside both sensors and panties!
ok...now you have to put up photos of that girl from high school
10-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter

The real question is do the panties exhibit moire' when photographed?
10-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #164
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
This is kind of weird. This is a camera brand. A product. A toy for some, a tool for others. This is not a guild, club, cult, or otherwise, though it appears to be the latter at times. What are we "in" together?

The joys of consumerism, I guess.
How about the joy of photography when using a Pentax camera?
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #165
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
How about the joy of photography when using a Pentax camera?
"Joy of photography" is not brand-loyal.